cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to use the LED as a flashlight

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there a way to use the LED as a flashlight

ive been playing around with my phone for about 48 hours now, and the only 2 issues i have are the battery life, which i hear will improve, and trying to get the phone to let me use the LED flash used in the camera as a regular flashlight.

Has anyone been able to do this yet?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Your battery life will get better, but for the most part the meter is bad, not the actual battery. It doesnt do a very good job of giving you the correct battery life. 15% will last you almost as long as it took you to get there, if not longer.

As for the LED Flash being used as a flash light. Nothing comes to mind at this time. Im sure it would be possible for an app to do this. Its just not out there that I know of. Best case at this point would be to just get a regular flashlight app off market.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Currently the only light app that works as a basic flashlight is called "Flashlight" and just sets the screen to white and turns the backlight to 100%.

Works well, and the app description is hilarious.

But yeah, I'd love to use the built-in flash led instead, I'm sure its brighter/less battery drain. No one's written an app for it yet, though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are two apps out that work on the Galaxy, but neither work on the moment.  We can only hope they get updated or someone makes one that works for us too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wondered the same thing about the flash.  The best I could do is turn on the flash in the camcorder app, then delete the video it makes after I'm done.  I looked into writing an app to just turn the flash on, but the API call to enable the flash is part of android 2.0.  Samsung must have written a custom library to control it in 1.5.  When they update to 2.0 this should be possible.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat