cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Google Apps and the Samsung Moment?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issues with Google Apps and the Samsung Moment?

I just bought a Moment for my husband on Friday 11/6 and we have been to the Sprint store 5 times this weekend trying to get a phone that works. The first phone had issues with the airplane mode turning on constantly. The Sprint store we took the phone to could not fix this issue and the phone was replaced with another brand new Moment and now this one is having issues with the Google features among other things. We are unable to use Gmail, Google Maps, and we are also not able to access the Market to purchase new apps. We took it to the Sprint repair center today and we were told that it was an “outage” but they have not had any other complaints and that we should just wait it out for a few days to see if the issue resolves it’s self. I just got the phone back from the Sprint store a few hours ago and now it keeps loosing service and we have to shut it off and turn it back on. I guess its back to the Sprint store for the 3rd time today. I am so frustrated with this new phone! Has anyone else had these kinds of issues with the Moment?  Please help!

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Issues with Google Apps and the Samsung Moment?

No, sorry. Mine has been performing perfectly in every way so far (knock on wood) aside from the LED not working, and when I got an app that made my phone go nuts.

Journeyman

All of my apps work well and now the battery works well (after 3 or 4 total discharges)

Journeyman

No problems with my Moment. It's totally kicking ass! Google aps, battery, everything seems to be working great. There are just a few things I need to learn about the Android OS.

Journeyman

So sorry about your troubles. I hope you get them resolved. With the exception of the GPS location issue, I'm delighted with the Moment.

Journeyman

Hi phngeek I purchased my Samsung Moment through Best Buy Mobile about two weeks ago.  I have been experiencing the same problems you have.  Also I have been having issues with the Android OS force closing multiple times.  I can't exchange it through Best Buy Mobile without paying $695 up front (to insure that they get their phone back) yeah right I'm not paying that.  So I am stuck with waiting another two weeks and then I can go to a Sprint store and get a refurbished model in exchange for my brand new defective model.  Sounds like a win-lose situation to me!

Journeyman

I have experienced the same issues with my Moment.  It has been very unreliable and opens and closes apps, the screen freezes and I can't unlock it or turn the screen off.  I get errors that an android process has stopped and it kicks me out of any app that I am in.  It also starts selecting keys and buttons as if it's a mouse that's stuck.  It is very odd.  They have replaced my phone and upgraded my software and this did not help.  I have been to the store 8 times and have called customer support.  They are in the process of trying to help me now and have been good with working with me so far, so we will see!

Journeyman

I also get messages that an android ap has stopped ... usually this kills email for me.

Also .. the Nuance voice recognition ap is totally worthless ... I have gone through the 'training' thing several times ... the app is almost entertaining in that the names it comes up with when I tried to use it to place a call are comically unrelated to the name I said so slowly and carefully.  And this is in a noise-free environment.

Long ago I had a Palm trio, with a voice app that was uncannily accurate.  Are those days gone forever?

Journeyman

The Palm Treo App also used Nuance, but if I remember, had some funky thing that used the Nuance main-server vs. a client on the phone. It was very accurate and you could even dictate short emails and text messages without training.

For example, you could say:

"Email John Doe,  Subject Late for meeting, Body I am running 15 min late but will be there"

And it would launch an email, get everything right and just wait for you to click send (which I think you could configure to auto send).

Too bad that's no longer offered.

Message was edited by: stesprint2007

Journeyman

YES  , finally some one who was been having the same issues my google search box FREEZES and not just that the whole google website on the moment goes all NUTS and a weird message showed up saying i didnt have the "aproved" battery or something . That was easily resolved by taking the battery out for a few seconds and PRESTO! it started working again and havent gotten that message anymore ...... none the less i was dissapointed with the phone    

Journeyman

I got my Moment in May and had no problems until a few days ago. My Gmail sent an email to people on my list.  I did not send it I only have Gmail for the use of the phone.  Then that afternoon I got a ! notification saying my sync is down and I had to sign in using my password that did not work.  I went on line to Google and changed my password and it worked fine, then the next day the same thing happened, once again I went online and it said my account had been disabled and now I cant get into it.  There for I can not use my Market or any of the apps that go with Google.  It makes my phone not what I paid for.  I got the phone for this use and now I can't use it.  Paid too much to have a phone that does not do what I wanted.

Shellie.elyse

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat