cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got my Moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got my Moment

I just got the new samsung moment and let me tell you guys this thing is awesome. So powerful, fast and the screen alone will have your undivided attention without a doubt. All you android users out there are gonna love this thing, say goodbye to the hero and hello to the moment. Now if only I can figure out a way to hack sense ul I'll be all set.

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Just got my Moment

Where do you see the increase in speed... downloading apps, searching the web or what? I have read a number of reviews and watched a bunch of videos on this device, but I don't see what is so great about it. Besides wanting a physical keyboard can you tell me why someone would get this instead of a Hero?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Going to My Sprint Store at 11 AM Today to Get one, Can not wait to try it. Was not happy with the Hero but understand the Moment is the one!

Highlighted
Journeyman

hmm sounds funny. like the one above said watching videos and etc i cant see how the moment is better, it does have a faster processor though from specs wise. but i never used it myself so i cant say its better and im not trying to knock it either but aye i mean everyone has there likes. tell me how it is when you get it and know how to work it. shouldnt take long lols.

Highlighted
Journeyman

oh and a preview of what sprint is looking to do for us next year should be very excited!

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

When I was playing with one you could launch apps with sub-second response time - mail, calendar, browser, flip between them, etc.  Very responsive to input.

The hard keyboard is great for folks that don't like a touch keyboard.

The screen is larger although the same resolution.

And the camera has a flash.

The video camera records at 15 FPS vs 7 for the Hero.

You'd have to play with both of them and see which you like.  Very competitive phones.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

You have orchestrated this 'so-called' big plans for 2010 enough. Why will the 'Now Network' be the 'Oh-wait-till-2010-Network?

Highlighted
Journeyman

umm, clearly cause 2010 is about here and sprint cant come with a high end phone before 2009 is over. pretty much common sense. it takes months for a phone to go through its stages. so yea if you want to call it the wait till 2010 network then go ahead. but its not like a phone is going to pop out of the factory cause of thought of it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

does anyone know if it has a e-compass? i have read conflicting reports. some people seem to think all android phones have it, some dont know exactly what it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok I see... I am going to go play with it today to see for myself what it is like. Thanks for the reply.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why are people so worried about having a compass on there phones. I just dont get that at all. If you get lost use the GPS function not the stupid compass come people live in this century for once. Who uses a compass anymore anyways lmao.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat