cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LED Notification Light?

Highlighted
Journeyman

LED Notification Light?

I see on the phone, at the top to the left of the Sprint logo, is what looks like two open spots (the light sensors) and a third spot that looks like an LED bulb for notification? I can't be sure, but does anyone else know anything about it? any ideas how to get it working if it is a message notification light?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: LED Notification Light?

Just a theory, but they might just the light sensors, so the screens brightness changes when you switch from a dark to a lit place... but a little too big for that, there's like 3 of them...

I saw an app in the market that had LED notifications, can't remember which one... it might have been a twitter or facebook app...

Message was edited by: orlywon

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

handcent allows you to 'set' the led notification to all sorts of colors, but it doesn't actually change anything. mine is set to cyan, but still flashes green like always.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I guess it works, just in one color.... good to know, because I just installed handcent because of the lag when sending txt with the default app

Highlighted
Journeyman

So let me get this straight, one of those things IS an LED notification light, and an app called 'handcent' allows the notification to show up for texts?

Any ideas on how to get the LED to work for everything? (just tie it directly to all notifications... like it should have done in the first place)

Edit:

Hang on... just found an app called "Always Flash" that is supposed to do exactly what I just described. However, it requires root access... now I'm lost, any ideas how to go about doing this?

Message was edited by: CriticalCritic

Highlighted
Journeyman

judging by odc's posts he is an htc hero user and that is most likely the phone he is referring to.  No one has gotten the LED to work on the samsung moment nor has anyone confirmed it to be there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know for a fact that one of those is the light sensor, which seems to only have a light and a dark setting. The other is the proximity sensor.

Ive heard thatt last one is supposed to be a green LED, but I havent actually seen it work. So either its not an LED, or in the rush to get this out the door to beat Big Reds Droid launch, it was pushed out non functioning, possibly to be updated at a later time?

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

oh, damn. yeah, sorry, i have a hero. sorry for the false sense of hope. next time i'll try to notice that i'm posting on a moment thread.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat