cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live wallpaper

Journeyman

Re: Live wallpaper

Do you think they have any plans on releasing a version that includes live wallpaper or its just not possible on the moment?

Journeyman

Thank you all so much, I wasn't sure if I did something wrong.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a6xlgTLM5Q

Video shows Samsung Moment running Android 2.1 with Live Wallpaper & no lag

ggjoser  —  April 08, 2010  — just testing. Go to http://www.sdx-developers.com

if you want instructions or have questions.

Journeyman

merlinhoot wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a6xlgTLM5Q

Video shows Samsung Moment running Android 2.1 with Live Wallpaper & no lag

ggjoser  —  April 08, 2010  — just testing. Go to http://www.sdx-developers.com

if you want instructions or have questions.

It depends on the particular live wallpaper -- I'm running one that doesn't introduce any noticeable lag (Starfield) but another (some sort of swirling galaxy) really slowed the phone down as I swiped from one home screen to another.

Journeyman

Your best bet is to just root your phone

becuase i love my phone rooted the new update came out

and it was basically horrilble

i switched to it and i have the samsung moment

i was running 2.1 dd10 before the update 2.1 dd03 with 7 screens and a helix lancher 1.2v

and i have no sprint software such as bejeweled and no sprint nav and everything is fine

and loved it  and converting back to the leaked version now

i think sprint played us with this update

and i will be waiting for the HTC Evo

Journeyman

Am I correct to assume that rooting your phone will invalidate any warranty you have ?

Or if the worst happens and you get a bad flash and cannot recover your phone ( brick the phone )

you will be "up the creek without a paddle" ? Please dont say it doesnt happen as ive seen a number

of handsets become useless with firmware updates.

I also feel we have been played by Sprint. the 2.1 updates seen on other phones with similar hardware

specs has no reason or excuse to not have those features considering the moments 800 mhz processor.

The one thing I will say is that since updating my moment to 2.1 the battery life has been horrificly poor.

I have turned off every feature including background data sync. display animations.. GPS ( of course ) and more

but yet still get a dead battery within 8-10 hours with NO phone calls and 2-3 times checking email in that time period.

I use my phone for business and am astonished that my moment has almost the same battery life as my samsung NC10 NETBOOK !

This needs fixing as a matter of urgency or at least offer the customers a chance to rollback to CL14 (Cupcake)

Journeyman

I have had the 2.1 leaked and hacked version for 3 weeks now. and i have both t2s and live wallpapers.. i have experianced no more lag then the the moment produced out of box.. i love it, and if the update does not support either of these it is a wasted update and not worth the time it takes to download the samsung update tool or drive to sprint..

Journeyman

I'm sure there was a reason they didn't include it.  I for one like the update no matter if it includes eyecandy or not.    Having said that though I looked up processor speeds for the Motorola Droid and found it has only 500 MHz and is compatible with Android 2.1.   Moment has a 800 MHz so it should be fine. The Nexus One has 1 GHz.

They should of included it and let thier consumers determine if they want to switch it on or not.

I read that the Starfield Live Wallpaper made by We like CAPS! is not CPU intensive compared to others like the one called Glactic Core made by Kittenface Software

The Motorola Droid also uses a different processor that while slower in MHz than the Moment, does more per clock cycle making it as fast or possibly faster than the Moment.

Live wallpapers can slow the phone down and decrease battery life and do nothing for adding function to the phone.  It's nice to look at...that is about it.

Journeyman

TECHNICALLY IT DOES VOID IT BUT IM NOT GOING OVER BOARD WITH ROOTING

I WAS JUST IMPATIENT AND GOT THE LEAK AND HAPPEN 2 LOVE IT BECAUSE IM HAPPY WITH

THE LOOK AND MY SETTINGS AND PLUS DO WAT EVERY MOMENT DOES.

BUT I UNDERSTAND I MEAN ITS JUST TRAIL AND ERROR BECAUSE

ITS JUST THE SAME AS JAILBREAKING A IPHONE/IPOD

AND WELL FAR AS THE BATTERY YES I HAVE LIKE 6 CHARGERS UGHH...

Journeyman

PREACH.

BECAUSE I HEARD THAT THE MOMENT

WAS OVERCLOCKED ON STOCK

Journeyman

YEA THA STARFIELD RUNS SUPER SMOOTH

BUTTTT AND YET IT WAS RANKED HIGHLY IN

THE MARKET SOOOO ITS SAYS ALOT 2...BUT

ON THA OTHER HAND...THE NEXUS LIVE WALLPAPER

RUN KINDA NICE TO AND FUNCTIONAL.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat