cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Signal Alarm - how to disable?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Loss of Signal Alarm - how to disable?

Here is the situation - Sprint has obviously been having problems in my area keeping some of their towers operational. I have called in at least 3 times reporting complete loss of signal at my home (Coral Springs FL) in addition to bars bouncing up and down between 5 and 0.  I trust they will eventually get this fixed.  But here is the problem:  Whenever there is a complete loss of signal, my Moment sends out an alarm tone.  Needless to say this is annoying when it goes off multiple times in the middle of the night.  I use my phone for my alarm clock...so I don't want to shut it off.

How can I disable the alarm tone for loss of signal/loss of network...yet leave all other settings as they are? I've searched high and low and cannot find this setting....

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Loss of Signal Alarm - how to disable?

If anyone finds an answer to this, my husband just got a moment and this is driving me NUTS!

Journeyman

Hello

Unfortunately there is not a very good solution to this problem. If u go into sounds and display hit ringer volume make sure the "use incoming call volume for notifications" is unchecked and then turn notification ringer volume off. For some reason the loss of signal or searching for signal tone is tied to notifications ringer volume. I hear in the 2.1 updated which has been officially unofficially announced thru customer service and tech support for early may, will address alot of settings problems like this. One setting problem i know for a fact, thru leaked roms will be addressed is the option for the back light on the keyboard.

hope this helps

Journeyman

Yeah, unfortunately he needs the audible ringer on most of the time.  Oh well, guess we'll all keep holding our breath for 2.1!

Thanks! 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat