cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MY PHONE WILL NOT CHARGE IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS

Highlighted
Journeyman

MY PHONE WILL NOT CHARGE IVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS

i Got My Samsung Moment Somewhere in december and Now it will NOT Charge There is NOTHING Wrong With The charger , in fact i have used multiple chargers and none of them change anything , it will charge all night and when i wake up it will be turned off .. then i will plug the charger out and plug it back in and turn on the phone and it will turn on and shut back off , then in like 10 second it will say battery fully charged then i will turn the phone back on and it will shut rite back off from emptybattery . i have it charging rite now and i have had it charging from 2:00 a.m it is now 6:00 a.m and the battery is STILL on Red !

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had my moment since January 2010 and mine just started doing the same thing.  If you find out why please let me know.  I even purchased a new batttery and it still did the same thing.  Tried to chat with customer service, but it says they are closed. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

i had the same problem, three times.  It is the usb charger port on the phone,  it becomes damaged, have to get a new phone, hope you have ins.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just wrote to BBB and filed complaint. I bought the evo 4g extended 2 yrs on 12/2010 and all of sudden tuesday it wouldnt charge. now i go to sprint store they say the charging port no good call assurion. I call wednesday with the last battery life from extended battery they made it look like i did somethig wrong. After paying 100 dollars to them they tell me they have no phones unitl 10 days. Then i go on forum to see that many other customers had same issue faulty charging ports a known issue to spritn and htc. I am out of 100 dollars today htc tell me that they will fix i have to wait two weeks after they get my phone or wait till assurion who also collect 7 bucks a month for insurance send me a referbish phone. They are crazy they have me waitng for a refurbish I will not take it. I have been without communication 5 days and to day I came to visit daughter who I used her home phone to make contact to find this out. I wrote to Better business bureau printed out the complaints from others from forum I will mail it out. I paid a lot of money for evo three and half months ago. I take care of it like a baby. they refuse to give me my moneyback. They dot have loaners until the fix the issue. I wrote to bbb to see if I can get a new phone and my 100 bucks back. I depend on my phone i have sick husband with cancer home. I pay everything data everyting on plan. Do not let them trick you in paying 100 bucks they have nothing to send you. Write to BBB I got tired of emails to sprint htye reply the same email their word dont change at all. OUT of MY PHONE (baby) and 100 dollars. I am elder but not stupid.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just started having this problem.  I've had the phone just over a year.  Now Sprint has me stuck because 1) I don't have insurance, 2) I still have a year left on my existing contract, 3) If I want to upgrade to a different Android smartphone they are going to charge me an extra $10/mo "premium data plan" fee which is total BS!

I am not happy, not to mention I've had to keep the WiFi disabled as a workaround to the known airplane mode problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why are people still complaining about this phone?

This phone is not even being made anymore. Sprint actually has a free trade in program that started july 30 2010 for this phone to either get a hero or intercept. Some people have even been able to get a transform, lg optimus or credit towards an evo/epic and pay almost nothing.

So u people do have options u just want a reason to complain.

One tip regular customer service is not authorized to do the free trade in so u need to get a hold of executive services or advanced tech support. Also u do not need to have insurance to do the free trade in just have atleast a few trips to sprint store and or replacments on your account.

O almost forgot the biggest thing, the trade in will not extend your contract either. So i guess u guys should stop complaining to, or on the sprint forum cuz they have been doing the right thing. Y not hit up sammy and raise h e l l to them they are obviously the ones who did not want to do a recall.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Barker, nobody asked you, and you did the same cut/paste reply in another thread, seriously get a life...I guess I will copy/paste this reply to you in the other thread you said the same thing in.

This is the first time I've ever posted a complaint about my Moment in the forums and in fact as a customer and if I want to complain about it I have every right to!

Good for you that you were able to get some "free trade deal", but do you honestly think I'm going to spend hours of my time, gas in my car, frustration of dealing with inept CS reps that I will probably have to argue about over this?  Heck NO!  It isn't worth it!

And for anyone else reading this thread because of the charging issue, I'm going to get a spare battery and an external battery charger just in case my port goes completely one day.  Both can be found on Amazon.  The battery is around $5 and chargers, depending on style are $5-$15.

Hopefully my Moment will last for another year, and then I will be saying goodbye to Sprint after 15 years.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh no another cut and paste Job...\/..\/..\/... just incase u did not see the other thread

Well the point is that the moment is a non functional phone and all moment users and sprint know this. This is why they are giving trades and credit to people who push hard enough.

So u know its a phone that cant be fixed and u have a way to get a phone just as good or better as the moment was supposed to be spec wise, but u would rather keep the non functioning phone just so u can complain about it?

Wow that does not sound insane at all!! nope not one bit...

If u read my post u would know that u cant really get the trade in thru a store u have to call on the phone and either get sprint advanced tech support( this is real easy to get a hold of just ask the rep that answers the call to send u to that department) Or get them to transfer u to Executive account services(this department is pretty hard to get a hold of, but i have the direct # and if u google it it takes about 10- 15 mins to find). As long as u have a history of repairs and or replacements and are talking to one of these 2 departments it will take all of 20 mins maybe.

So yeah i would say its pretty easy and worth the effort. But hey maybe its just me, 20 mins of my time is worth giving up to get a phone that actually works but hey to each their own

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just a heads up from my experience and some of my friends about the charging issue.

Alot of times it will not charge cuz the usb connection on the actual cord is messed up and not the port of the moment so switching to different usb charger will clear up the problem.

If that does not work then the battery could possibly be  bad and switching to a new batt will help.

Another prob with the phone not charging could be a run away process. The moment has a bug where a sensor daemon will act up and drain the battery quick, a simple reboot sometimes fixes this and sometimes it takes a factory reset. I have also seen in rare cases this run away sensor daemon bug can make that battery go bad or drain the batt so fast it cant charge. To see if your phone is suffering from this download spare parts and go to battery history=then select cpu usage and if anything says sensor and it close to the top resource  then u know what the prob is. Also not sure if it says sensor it might be named something like akmd instead, but not sure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My  fianace  and  I   have    seperate    Sprint   accounts.  Between  the   two   of   us , We   have   3  Samsung  Moments,   an EVO   shift,  and  an  LG Elite.   All of  the     Moments  have  been  replaced  with   refurbished  moments   because  of  the   charging   ports  going  bad.  Sometimes  they  charge  ,  sometimes  they   dont.   According  to    my  local   store,   the   reason  they  no  longer  off  the  Moment   new  is  because  of    the   design    flaw  with the  charging  port.  The   charger  plugs  in   at  the   top   and   the   cord  pulls  down,  causing   damage  to   the  port. 

We  have  one  that out of  the  blue,  wont  charge  overnight  again.  With   school  sports,  its  important  that  the  kids  have   dependable phones.  I  have   asked   repeatedly   for   Sprint  to   provide  a  new  phone  equal    to   the  moment  and  have gotten  no  where.,  They  say  I  can   Upgrade  it. (  they  will  contribute  75.00)  The  problem   is .... I  paid  300.00    for  that one  and   it   is  defective.  They   wont  combine  out  contracts into  one,  so  we  continue  to  pay 350.00  month    for      all  of  us  to  have  a  phone.  We  cant  upgrade   because  we  are  trying to  let  the   contracts  expire, so   we  can share   an   account, ans   of  course  every  time  you  upgrade,   it  adds  two   years. 

How  do   I  win?  Any thoughts  or    solutions?   For   350.00  month, we  should  have  phones  that  work   100%  of  the  time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

FLINS1521, this is the only solution I've found (posted above), which isn't really good but if you want to get out of your contracts like me I don't see any other way:

I'm going to get a spare battery and an external battery charger just in  case my port goes completely one day.  Both can be found on Amazon.   The battery is around $5 and chargers, depending on style are $5-$15.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my moment for less than a year and I am now on my THIRD one which I've had only about 2 weeks, the 2nd one lasted about 2 months. This is  ridiculous and I am pissed because I think they are giving me replacement phones that are already broken. The only reason I bought this stupid phone is because the sales rep swore it was the best phone ever and that he absolutely loved his and since I didn't want to wait for the Evo any longer I just went ahead about got this one - BIG MISTAKE. The first time my moment broke they tried offering me an Instinct (I think that's the name) but I hate the way it looks. Its not right that we shell out hundreds of $'s on these non-functional phones and they want to replace them with something I wouldn't purchase in a million years. What they should do is give us early upgrades so that we have the option of picking a phone of choice since the current one we were scammed into buying is a piece of crap!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat