Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance release planned for Moment- UPDATED 9/17

Highlighted
Wizard

Maintenance release planned for Moment- UPDATED 9/17

UPDATE - 9/17 4:45PM

There’s been a change to the upcoming software maintenance release (MR3).  Unfortunately the reported data lockup will not be addressed in this release.  The reported airplane mode issue is still addressed in MR3 and there is no change to the target launch window (Q4 or before).

Another maintenance release (MR4) is planned for the reported data lockup and the Community Admins will post more information as it becomes available to us.

While I know this is disappointing news, please recognize that we're trying to give you up-to-date information.  There have been many complaints of Sprint failing to communicating well in these situations and we're striving to do a better job of that. That said, there is always a risk of having to make updates, revisions etc to posts because there are a lot of moving parts to getting a maintenance release ready and things are subject to change.

A maintenance release to address the reported airplane mode and data lockup issues for the Moment is targeted for the fourth quarter of 2010 or  possibly sooner. I do not have any other details at this time, but will share them as soon as they become available.

Message was edited by: SarahKS - change of scope, MR4

83 REPLIES 83
Journeyman

Re: Maintenance release planned for Moment

Oh thank God.

Journeyman

Yay!  I can finally use WiFi once again.  (one year after I got the phone)

Journeyman

Only took Sprint/Samsung a year to begin working on this?  If this doesn't solve the data/radio lockup issues, then I will have to say peace out to Samsung.

Journeyman

I'll believe it when I see it (and not just the update, but seeing it actually FIX the problem).

Journeyman

Dear SarahKS:

Can you please forward this post to your Executive Services and Customer Support Teams.  For the last month I have been wasting my time with Executive Services trying to obtain a fix.  They stated to me SEVERAL occassions that a software fix IS AVAILABLE and will FIX this issue.

My agrument has always been that a fix IS NOT AVAILABLE, and that if it was it should be posted online or offered via a OTA update.

They wanted me to waste time and expenses to travel to a Sprint repair shop to obtain a fix that IS NOT OUT.

My case # is 1829837.  Please contact my rep as I have been asked not to use her name on public boards.

Journeyman

I have personally collected a list of more than 50 households affected by the Samsung Moment Data Lockup Issue.  There is also a steadily growing community of people affected by this issue at the Facebook Group Site "Sprint Samsung Moment Data Lockup"  Please visit, comment, or join to share your stories about the issue.  The forum was created 2 - 3 weeks ago and we already have 148 members.

Journeyman

Not holding my breath. I've been dealing direct with Samsung on this, and even the patches that they've sent me aren't doing the job. In fact, it seems to be getting worse.

Sprint: When are you just going to realize that you bought a dog, and you should probably just work with your existing customers to move them to a different device of their choice (2 year price minus the price they paid for the Moment)?

Your customer service people can't be so completely incompetent to not realize that this is causing damage to your reputation.

Journeyman

Nicely stated.  That's all I have been asking for... a phone that works as advertised and is worth the money we all paid.

SPRINT - ARE YOU LISTENING?

Most of us want to stay with Sprint, why are you not stepping up to the plate???

Journeyman

Since the fiscal fourth quarter ends September 30th, does this mean the update will happen before then?  Or are you saying that we should expect an update anytime before Dec 31st 2010?

Wizard

It's going to be sometime during Sprint's 4th quarter - (10/1 - 12/31) if not before.  There are a lot of moving parts to a maintenance release so it's hard to pin down a date until everything is finalized.

Journeyman

Thank you for the update.

Officially, can you now confirm that Sprint acknowledges there is an issue with the Samsung Moment (SPH-m900), and that this issue has not yet been fixed?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat