Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintenance release planned for Moment- UPDATED 9/17

Highlighted
Wizard

Maintenance release planned for Moment- UPDATED 9/17

UPDATE - 9/17 4:45PM

There’s been a change to the upcoming software maintenance release (MR3).  Unfortunately the reported data lockup will not be addressed in this release.  The reported airplane mode issue is still addressed in MR3 and there is no change to the target launch window (Q4 or before).

Another maintenance release (MR4) is planned for the reported data lockup and the Community Admins will post more information as it becomes available to us.

While I know this is disappointing news, please recognize that we're trying to give you up-to-date information.  There have been many complaints of Sprint failing to communicating well in these situations and we're striving to do a better job of that. That said, there is always a risk of having to make updates, revisions etc to posts because there are a lot of moving parts to getting a maintenance release ready and things are subject to change.

A maintenance release to address the reported airplane mode and data lockup issues for the Moment is targeted for the fourth quarter of 2010 or  possibly sooner. I do not have any other details at this time, but will share them as soon as they become available.

Message was edited by: SarahKS - change of scope, MR4

83 REPLIES 83
Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally!!!  I guess we all weren't just making up this problem with our phones.  I really hope this one works.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

At least you are getting Maintenance releases, instead of excuses and B.S.... "I am so very sorry about your problem, lets see what we can do to help. Ok sir. Turn off the phone, take the battery out for 10 seconds and replace it. Cycle the power on again." Did that fix it sir?" "No? Let me get my supervisor...." "I see you have the Htc Hero,.............click.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like others, i'm not holding my breath for this at all.  If it actually fixes the data/radio lockup issues, i'll be extremely surprised.  Otherwise, I expect the same garbage from support saying that it was fixed in the MR even if it wasn't.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for keeping up with this issue, SarahKS.  Unfortunately, and like others have said, I'll believe it when I see it.  Right now, I have no reason to believe that Sprint has anything at all in the works and that it is yet another attempt at a run-around to shut us up for a little longer.

I recently saw in a magazine that Sprint received an award for "most improved customer service."  After only 3 months of being a customer and dealing with the worst, most incompetent tech support I've ever experienced, I had to laugh a little.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately I'm one of the ones that has it lockup almost instantly from turning Wifi on.  Gotta love it....

Highlighted
Journeyman

What gets me is that with the exception of the data lock ups, I do like this phone.  What I really don't like is the complete disregard for the problem that has been reported in various places for an extended period of time.  I have had the Moment since November 2009 and I have learned to live with the issue through having to cold boot the phone often.  After 14 years with Sprint, and the complete slap in the face with regards to customer service, I think it is time to shop the other carriers for a better handset for me and for the 162 lines I manage for my business.  I will wait for the "fix".  But if it does not correct the issue and is nothing more than lip service to say that they tried, I will take my wireless business elsewhere..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm hoping it's more than just "lip service" but you could not be more right.  After going through 6 Palm Pre's...I went to this.  I love the phone minus this issue...and the technician at Sprint in Westbury, while I showed one of the many managers of the store the issue after they "reset" my phone, denied it saying "there's no such issue" though I was telling him look on google, etc....had a friend with me that had quite a few of these Moments...he still said "there's no such issue" "any high end phone will delay switching from wifi to 3g"...right...I've heard that excuse plenty of times...by delay...you mean sit there endlessly until I pull the battery and reboot the phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

i'll believe it when i see it. your tech support and customer service (and samsung's they aint off the hook on this) on this issue have been sorely lacking.  id imagine if it wasnt for early termination fees and etc alot of ppl would have kicked sprint to the curb myself included

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well it looks like they have finally admitted the data lockup issue... however now they are saying this fix does not address it.  It does appear that we keep getting promised fixes that will "address the issue" in future MR's but never actually arrive. I think its time that we stop waiting for Sprint/Samsung to make a move on their own.

Please join the facebook community dedicated to getting the lockup fixed:

Sprint Samsung Moment Data LockUp Facebook Group

Also doing the following will make your voice heard:

1) File a complaint with the fcc (as the datalock prevents 911): http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm?sid=d1e419&id=d1e525

2) Sumit a complaint to small claims court Sprints Legal department address:

Sprint Legal Department.
     P.O. Box 4600
     Reston, VA 20195

3) Keep calling Sprint Executive services: 703-433-4401

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll be calling the FCC tomorrow for sure.  Sprint better be ready to fix this or else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MR3 will fix Airplane Mode issue. MR4 will fix CDMA Lock-up (maybe?).

TIme to escalate the issue. Does Dan use a Moment?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Umm...yeah, got no faith in this fix.  If I'm correct, the "airplane mode" issue is a progression on the data lock up.  First you get the up arrow of death, then it progresses to your phone thinking it's in airplane mode, then it progresses to the x over the signal indicator.

So, how do you fix the symptom of ONE huge issue but not fix the underlying issue?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat