cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory voicemail upgrade not working 11/26/10

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Mandatory voicemail upgrade not working 11/26/10

I'm having the same issue and the Android updater says I have the latest version of Android and firmware. No I can't get into my voicemail unless I go through a bunch of steps to get around the mandatory message. What a load of Sh*t! What the hell is wrong with Sprint? Why can't they leave things alone? If they don't fix this ASAP I will drop their ass like a hot potato! Why should I pay for a service that they screwed up? It worked just fine until this happened...

Journeyman

Im amazed this goes on........just look at the update messages.......everytime an update is needed or suggested, what ever phone it is or whatever firmware or maintence release is going on, theres thousand of posts saying this ( or that ) doesnt work. I dont get it.

Journeyman

As an update to my original post: I found that there was an update that must be performed via the computer and not over the air. The update must completely flash your phone and you will lose all you apps. I did the update and everything works now and much better so far. Just follow the link below and then follow the instructions and you will solve your issues.. The only thing that really pisses me off is that Sprint should have been more forthcoming with this info instead of sending a message to my phone. Hope this helps everyone..

http://http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsun...

Journeyman

Actually, the article you're trying to link to (take out the extra http://) states that the September and October releases are both available over-the-air, although doing them by computer is an option.  Only the May and January releases require being done through a computer.  If you missed one of them, then you do have a problem.  The OTA updates did the trick for me, and others at my work also are now having no problems with their Moments.

Journeyman

Thanks..............thats a big help

Its just to bad we have to flash the phone..............Im almost up to 10 million points on robo defense

Journeyman

Stupid question time............does flashing a phone mean the same as rooting a phone ?

Journeyman

I'm not sure what rooting a phone is.. It may be the same thing. Flashing means erasing and reprogramming the ROM (read only memory) which was really EPROM (erasable programmable read only memory) from the early days where they actually had to flash the memory chip through a little window which was covered by UV protective tape or some other cover. You had to FLASH the chip to erase what was stored on it and then reprogram it in another machine. The chips now days are EEPROM or (electronically erasable programmable read only memory) so it is really not flashing but the name just stuck.. Little history, hope you enjoyed it. LOL

I was not able to update over the air, it always told me I was using the latest version of firmware available for my phone. This was not true because I was 2 updates behind the current version. Anyway it worked and good luck to you all!

Journeyman

Thanks..............so you did it on the computer and it did all the updates at once ?.........and everything was cool ?

Journeyman

Yes! i didn't have to install that voice mail update, I guess it was all part of the new 2.1 system. I like my phone more now than before.. Try it!

Journeyman

Thanks

Journeyman

Interesting update...........the icon telling me I have a mandatory update needed disappeared from the phone on start up this morning

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat