cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum SD card capacity?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maximum SD card capacity?

Any idea how large of an SD card a Samsung Moment will recognize?  Users manual says 16GB.  Sales manager at the Sprint store said 64GB when we bought them.  Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Maximum SD card capacity?

Not to sound rude, but I wouldn't trust the people at the stores most the time. I do coding for the android and bought the EVO 4G and I thought I would ask them about android 2.2 and the release date (I.E. 8/7/10) they told me "oh yeah, it comes preloaded with it and you don't even have to worry about the OTA update" lol they aren't very honest most the time. If I were you, I would check samsung.com or just call samsung, they will give you that info.

Journeyman

I tried both Samsung customer service (call) and Sprint (call and E-mail).  No one would tell me that anything bigger than 16GB would work.  Sprint even threw in the legalese in their E-mail "to insure that you don't damage your phone..."  I installed the 16GB card today.

Master

Your best bet is to search other forums for other users experiences, There are a lot of reports of  a 32gb sandisk card working with no issues. Haven't seen any reports of any 64gb cards being tested.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat