cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moment Question about Music

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moment Question about Music

I know this has been discussed before, and I have read those threads already...I'm having the same problem as others with the moment not recognizing album titles nor artists names. From what  I understand, you have to change the file format of the songs??

I'm not too good with this stuff so can someone break it down step by step what needs to be done to fix this. If it helps, I'm synching the music from my windows media player, and that music was burned from store purchased cds.

THANKS!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

The moment doesn't read .wma files very well which is the default way that you rip music with windows media player.   You can either find a converter to make them .mp3 files or change your settings in media player to have it rip them to mp3 instead and reupload your music.  Either way is troublesome but it will make the moment happy and be able to read all the tags properly. 

Journeyman

GeorgeOTC wrote:

The moment doesn't read .wma files very well which is the default way that you rip music with windows media player.   You can either find a converter to make them .mp3 files or change your settings in media player to have it rip them to mp3 instead and reupload your music.  Either way is troublesome but it will make the moment happy and be able to read all the tags properly.

I have the same problem with my Moment.  As stated in my thread on the subject, all my music is in mp3 format (encoded with itunes), and the phone still doesn't read the ID tags.  Well, actually that's not totally true.  It reads the ID tags for 2 CD's from one band, but I have songs from 4 different albums from that band and only 2 show up.  I've put music on blank CD's/DVD's, memory cards, hard drives, etc, and everything that I put those in (2 of my old phones, a LG LX550(fusic), a Motorola ic902; my Xbox 360; the hard drive of the radio in my truck (a Dodge Mygig nav radio) and my stock radio; my computer and ipod, obviously) read the ID tags, so I don't know what's different about the Moment that it doesn't read them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know but the only thing I did was: rip cds or dowload music from the internet, whatever didn't have information I was entering manualy, I download part of my music into my moment and it works like a charm, all the information I entered is there.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat