cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moxier Mail

Highlighted
Journeyman

Moxier Mail

I'm using Moxier Mail, and it has been working great for me. The version on the Moment is pretty far behind the version on the Moxier site. Everything I have seen doesn't seem as though an upgrade is possible unless Sprint or Samsung provides it, is this true?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd love an update myself; the version on the moxier website has better contacts management.  Unfortunately, the only way to get a newer version (says it right on the moxier site) is to wait for Sprint/Samsung to update it, which I'm thinking is not going to happen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wouldn't expect an update to be made available, and to be honest, I don't blame Sprint or Samsung at all in this regard.  One or both of them had to pay to license the software for each Moment. It was necessary when the Moment launched because Android 1.5 did not support Exchange mail. Hero users got the built-in HTC mail client which did, Moment users got Moxier Mail.

Now that the Moment has Android 2.1, it has native Exchange support from the generic Android email client, and Moxier Mail is no longer necessary.

I'd like to see it updated myself, because it is a more robust program than the stock Android email, but I just don't see any reason to expect to receive an update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem that I have been reading about, is that it seems that anyone that tries to upgrade Moxier Mail, can't! The only way to get the upgrade is by rooting your phone (or wait until sprint or samsung release an update) because the new Mail program won't install unless the old version is uninstalled. I think these companies need to ether release an update, or release an update that will allow the old program to be upgraded by the user.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat