cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My brand new samsung moment turned of it shut off and won't turn back on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My brand new samsung moment turned of it shut off and won't turn back on.

I got this phone literally 2 days ago. It turned off unexpectedly today and wont turn back on. it was about 70% charged when it turned off and is currently plugged in. Any suggestions? I'm feeling pretty irittated with the thing right now and I'm thinking about just taking it back for a new phone.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: My brand new samsung moment turned of it shut off and won't turn back on.

sprint has a 30 day exchange policy. if you bought online, talk to telesales. on phone, talk to telesales. at store, go to store. you can also have the phone worked on at the store

Highlighted
Journeyman

Happened to me too...

First pull the battery and reinsert.

Try holding that button down for like 40 seconds or longer until it starts to boot up...

You have to apply constant pressure on the endcall button for a long time

Hope this works--let us know...

Highlighted
Journeyman

You may want to have them replace it if the fixes dont work.  I had my first one replaced, and this one has given no problems at all.  Im actually in love with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you did not Get it Replaced I Try taking the battery out and Let it sit a bit Put the battery back in and PLUG THE PHONE IN WITH THE CHARGER ATTACHED and Do a factory Reset

go to Settings

Thsn

SDCard & data Toorage

Than Factory data Reset

1. had you downloaded any applications from the Market to the Phone?

I had the same problem and found out it was not the phone but a application !

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had an incident like this once.  I had downloaded four new apps (Armored Strike, Iron Sight, FarmFrenzy Lite, Robo Defense Free) and after playing them, my phone started to no longer respond to the power button.  I didn't troubleshoot them all but I did play FarmFrenzy Lite again after pulling the battery and rebooting and it didn't happen.  So it seems as though it's one of those doing the deed on my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had my moment 3 days and it is contently powering off and it take forever to figure how to get it to come back on.

Sounds like it needs to go back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You may need to  reset the phone and Dump the applications you downloaded

One's that I have had a real problem with is Google Voice , Adobe PhotoShop,PhotoBucket. All seam to cause the phone to turn off and would not turn back on till The battery was removed and than it start back up and I need to reset the phone.. I bet its a application you have downloaded causing the problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

how do I reset the phone if it will not start up?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat