cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My issue with the Samsung Moment

Highlighted
Journeyman

My issue with the Samsung Moment

I bought my phone 4 days ago. I love everything about this phone except for the battery life. I have tried the drain the battery until it wont come on and fully charge it 3 times now and that has not seemed to help at all. I have wi-fi, bluetooth, and gps all off and i have set the weather widget to a specific location. I also have unchecked the background data and auto-sync. I have also tried resetting the phone and also charge with the AC charger then plug in the usb once its charged. Today I took my phone off the charger at 10:14am I had 1 message so I checked it. At 10:17, I was down to 80% battery life.....Thats only 3 minutes. I know the battery meter isnt accurate but this is the same way the phone has been since i got it. Yesterday with no use I got about 8 hours before it died on me. This was with about 20 messages in these 8 hours i was at work. The day before i got just over 4 hours with moderate use.

What else can I do?

Im going to monitor the battery throughout the day and go into the sprint store and see what they say but does anyone have any ideas why my battery life is so lousy?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: My issue with the Samsung Moment

I have the same issue with mine. I have read al the posts and did everything. The battery really is horrible. I love my phone and dont want to get anything else but dont know if I can deal with the battery or not. I have to take my charger everywhere I go. Hope someone posts this time and helps.

Journeyman

This is a issue that needs to be addressed via a patch.

Nothing like putting on a pair of beer goggles looking at the battery and it states 5 percent. Then WOW it magicly lasts 3 more hours!  Then on other occasions it dies instantly at 30 percent...  OMG!!  Maybe this feature is called the  Russian Roulette battery widget!

Message was edited by: superdaveo

Journeyman

Mine seems amazing with battery life, but then again, I just got it today. So, we'll see.....

Journeyman

Wow it really does seem like you've tried everything.  I got mine 1 month ago now and not charging it thru the phone at all works wonders.  If you're still within your 30 day period you can go into the sprint store like I did and they just opened a box & handed me another battery, maybe you can request this at your sprint store.  I had the original instinct before I got this & having that extra battery the instinct comes with I loved b/c I didn't even have to have a car charger.  Anyway, once you get the other battery maybe you can look on e-bay they sell universal battery chargers for like $3 & charge the battery in there.  I never charge my battery in the phone anymore.  I have a house charger, car charger & a charger at work that I NEVER plug into my phone.  The battery life stays at 100% for a while this way.  I have a battery in my phone that just sits over night in the phone while battery 2 charges on universal, I leave in the AM & that battery that sat overnight in the phone will last all day with everything running until about 6:30 PM before completely going, but remember that is from the night/day before.  When I get home I put that battery on the universal & the fresh 1 is in the phone & again it sits in there all night while the other charges & so on.  Maybe you can try this.  From reading the different forums on this phone I see a various ways that different people have tried, not everything works for everybody.  However, I do understnad loving this phone b/c I do too & wanted to try everything I could before having to return it so that is what worked for me.  I know it seems like a lot of hoops to jump thru to keep the phone, but every since I did I couldn't be happier.  Worth a shot I guess.  Good luck to you.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat