Did you mean: 

NEW FIRMWARE TODAY????

Journeyman

NEW FIRMWARE TODAY????

Tags (2)
28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

Re: NEW FIRMWARE TODAY????

I wonder if this has anything to do with a bunch of us reporting to the FCC that after a data lockup to we can't call 911 until after a reboot.  This should be interesting.  I don't know about the rest of you but after I have a data lockup I can't call anyone until I reboot.

Journeyman

It almost sounds like they are fixing the inability to call 911 but not actually fixing the data lockup isse.

Journeyman

Still won't d/l OTA.

BTW, I was wondering if anyone else has S:M900.8.OS.DI06 BUILD "ECLAIR DI06"? I downloaded it from Samsung's website a couple of weeks ago.

Journeyman

sounds like another sprint goat screw to me

Message was edited by: foxsdaddy67

Journeyman

I do believe AmishGuy's prediction will be correct and that we will be screwed yet again.

Journeyman

I'd be willing to put a substantial bet down that this doesn't do jack to fix the data lockup issue.  Sprint and Samsung are complete amateurs.  Between this, and the lag in getting 2.2 on the Epic, they look like total fools. 

Journeyman

I cant update to the new firmware. when i hit the update button on the phone it says that there isnt an update at this time but on the website its there. HELP!!!!!

Journeyman

bsd2154 wrote:

I cant update to the new firmware. when i hit the update button on the phone it says that there isnt an update at this time but on the website its there. HELP!!!!!

It hasn't been released for download yet, just posted on the support page.  Give it time, calm down.

Journeyman

Be careful of this update.  Worked on my phone but broke my wifes cause of a error during the update process "e-big Partition size" .  Samsung didnt know what to do and asked me if I charged my battery.  I had to repeat this is a flash to the system then their answer was mail it in.  We have been with Sprint a long time but 1 more month till we leave over lack of dealing with the "moment" issues.

Journeyman

saint999 wrote:

Be careful of this update.  Worked on my phone but broke my wifes cause of a error during the update process "e-big Partition size" .  Samsung didnt know what to do and asked me if I charged my battery.  I had to repeat this is a flash to the system then their answer was mail it in.  We have been with Sprint a long time but 1 more month till we leave over lack of dealing with the "moment" issues.

This update hasn't even been released for download yet, just the info has been posted on the Moment support page.  You are probably talking about the previous update (DI06).

Journeyman

An update (DI18) was released after DI06, which may be what he is referring to.

DI18 was only posted for a short period, but I expect that this update (DJ07) is very similar in content to DI18.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat