cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW FIRMWARE TODAY????

Journeyman

Re: NEW FIRMWARE TODAY????

This was already removed from the site... It really shows me that Sprint doesn't have a clue what they are doing with this phone... They totally screwed their users with it and we are stuck with a crappy phone.  It has never worked like it should... I am so sick of sprint and won't be updating any of my lines so I can jump ship and move on... tired of this ride...

Journeyman

It was released on 10/20 and version DJ07.  It broke one of my phone but sucessfully worked on the other.  These things are crap and Sprint and Samsung should do something about recalling them but wont.  The reports of issues are huge on this phone and not simple user errors.  I will be leaving Sprint after years due to this.

Journeyman

Solidifies my opinion on Samsung Android products and Sprint.

Journeyman

And nobody from Sprint or Samsung has the nuts to come out and explain themselves, which further solidifies my opinion of them.  A little word here and there about what is going on would ease everyone's mind, but no, they'd rather sit there and infuriate us.

Journeyman

saint999 wrote:

It was released on 10/20 and version DJ07.  It broke one of my phone but sucessfully worked on the other.  These things are **** and Sprint and Samsung should do something about recalling them but wont.  The reports of issues are huge on this phone and not simple user errors.  I will be leaving Sprint after years due to this.

you happen to have it saved so we could take a look at it?  i never saw version DJ07 posted in the downloads section (i know it was posted in the summary section).  i agree that this is pretty crappy of them to do especially since we already have a crippled phone...

Journeyman

I recommend trying DI18.  It has been working very well on my Moment for the last week (as well as a Moment can be expected to work).  However, my wife's Moment has had a couple hiccups, which may be hardware related.

You can get DI18 from SDX Developers:  http://forum.sdx-developers.com/general-talk/my-di18-setup-and-how-i-got-there/

Journeyman

It was pushed to me via OTA.

Journeyman

I got this update this morning.  Will post back with results.  I am assuming it will not be any better.

Journeyman

I was shocked to find this morning that, first of all, my phone was not locked up when I took it off the charger, and also that they had pushed DJ07 to it.  I installed it, rebooted and did a PRL and profile update for good measure, rebooted again and am now counting the hours until it locks up again.

I know this wont fix anything.

We all know samsung has never actually used any of the devices they sell.

I'm just wondering what new and exciting issues it will create for me.  It's like a fun game yay!

Everyone post with what new and exciting issues this 'update' creates for you!

Wizard

The upgrade is available today via OTA.  See thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/47492?tstart=0

Journeyman

Dshoem01, tell me, what does it mean when they say 911 call restriction related to data lockup? Are they trying to be total a$$holes and try to unblock 911 without anything else, which is actually impossible unless they were to block everything else purposefully? Or does this update just do nothing at all like all the others?

Wizard

I asked the same question and was told the upgrade would fix the data lockup issue, and therefore, the ability to dial 911.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat