cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Samsung Moment - Mp3 Issues - Empty Folder

Journeyman

New Samsung Moment - Mp3 Issues - Empty Folder

Hello all!

For a few months now, I've been wanting the Samsung Moment. Well, lo and behold, today I finally got it. AMAZING phone, absolutely love it.

Alas, I do seem to have hit a wall on something. I've been trying to drag and drop my mp3 files onto my SD card, and yet nothing is working. I tried dragging and dropping them (and YES they are definitely in mp3 format) onto the SD card while it was connected via cord, I've tried dragging and dropping the mp3s onto the SD card when it was in the adapter, I tried both those things after formatting the SD card, and still nothing. On my computer it says that the files are there on the SD card, but when I go to look at them on my phone, they're suddenly not there. As you can imagine, I'm getting seriously frustrated. I've followed each step as instructed perfectly, ejected the SD card as I am supposed to, unmounted, etc. and yet I'm still finding that the mp3 files are not visible under my "MUSIC" folder on the card. Either there's something wrong with the card, or I'm missing SOME small detail.

Is there anyone who knows what I'm supposed to do or what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be INCREDIBLY appreciated.

Thank you!

~*` P i x i e `*~

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: New Samsung Moment - Mp3 Issues - Empty Folder

Thats pretty much how I did it too. I put my card in the adapter and into my computer. Went to "computer" as I am windows user and found the sd card and made a file called MUSIC on the SD card. I then dragged the songs over to the SD card. I do remember having a little trouble figuring out which folder was the one on the card because I think (if I remember right) at 1st I was dragging songs into the music folder of the computer not actually the SD card

Journeyman

I'm definitely dragging the files into the SD card's music folder. This is so aggravating! 

Journeyman

I think you may be right the card may be the culprit. Try moving something else to the card to see if its there. I understand the frustration.

Try moving songs to the card and try playing them from your computer.

Journeyman

Okay, so, songs do not appear on the SD card.... But out of curiosity, I went into the music player. Sure enough, the songs DO appear in the music player. I feel like a royal idiot. I still can't download the ringers via text from Mobile17.com like I used to, but I did just download the ringDroid app to make my own with the song files.... So I now have music and custom ringers/alert sounds. Well, I feel silly.... But at least it's technically "fixed".

😜

Journeyman

I take it that when you said you could not see them on your phone that you were trying to use file viewer?

I cannot see the songs on mine either with the file viewer.  It does show the album art which is weird since I embed them into the MP3 file with Media Monkey.  The apps that use the MP3 files can see them so I dont really bother.

Journeyman

Yep, I was going through File Viewer. Weird how they don't show... but oh well, glad I finally wisened up.. heh.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat