cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Settings???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Notification Settings???

Just got my new Moment, and I'm still getting used to things.  My work Blackberry (which will soon be replaced I think by this device) will vibrate when I receive emails or texts, and of course it has the little flashing light indicating the same.

I'm trying to figure out if I can get the Moment to vibrate with incoming messages?

Also, can you set things so messages are treated differently than phone calls.  I'd really like to get a vibration for message notifications but no noise (more appropriate in meetings and such) but still let incoming phone calls have an audible ring.

Is this possible?  How do I set that up?

Thanks for any help in this regard.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

hey Einstein, goto the message app and then settings and then NOTIFICATION SETTINGS.  There's an option for vibrate there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

hey slathom,

actually, it's a tad more complicated than what the previous poster indicated. If you want your Moment to vibrate when messages come in, like the previous poster said you need to go to the messaging program itself and then click on the menu button there. You'll see a menu item for "settings". If you click on that you'll see that you can click on "vibrate" as well as "Notifications" (Notifications are those indicators that show up in your status bar. If you click "yes" your status bar will let you know every time a new message comes in). You can also specify a separate ringtone for messages (to differentiate them from your calls).

Same thing with your email clients.

If you like, a good messaging service like Handcent gives you a few more options when it comes to how you want to be notified of incoming messages, including an actual popup instead of just the status bar notification.

None of these changes will affect your incoming call ringtone.

Hope this helps!

Message was edited by: c_hero

Message was edited by: c_hero

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat