cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pandora ??

Highlighted
Patron

Pandora ??

Has anybody tested or tried running Pandora on the Moment?  Pandora's web site doesn't list the Moment as a supported device but if it running Andorid it shouldn't make any difference...  (in theory anyway).

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pandora identified the problem as a driver that only allocates a few bits of buffer for incoming streams, which means if the phone has to think about anything else, the music skips or lags.

Until Sprint/Samsung get around to updating the driver to have a larger buffer, Pandora will not run (properly) on our phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know, I downloaded Pandora to my phone, and it works fine.  I mean every once and a great while it will skip, but for the most part it works perfectly fine.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I keep Pandora running in background a lot at work while doing email and sms and games and twitter and facebook never skips and never an issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm pretty sure the problems with Pandora are with the Pandora app itself.  The FAQ at pandora.com/android specifically mentions the Samsung Moment as having a "firmware" issue.  Pandora will skip a lot when playing in a vehicle as opposed to my desk.  Also, the bass is so awful that it's not really good to listen to in the car or on a stereo system anyway.  And that's with it set to high quality audio.

There are other music apps like Pandora that work just great, like last.fm.  I'd give that a shot until Pandora is able to fix their app.

Highlighted
Journeyman

On my last phone (the original Instinct) I had, for free, the Pandora mobile app but it wasn't the free ad supported version. Then I got the Moment and didn't notice any difference with it until I installed the Android 2.1 update and now my web account says that I should start my Mobile app to confirm my subscription but I use it all the time and now the Net will only let me play the ad supported free version and I've notice that the android app is also ad supported.

Did Sprint stop offering Pandora for free (They officially started in 2008 I think) or is it a 2.1 update problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

tryin to find out if u ever got pandora to work smoothly with the update? thinkin about gettin a momemt but would love to have pandora on it

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pandora works fine, as does Slacker.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Last.fm works better than pandora, and has some better options as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pandora does not appear to play in stereo on my Moment...the same audio channel plays through both headphones. When I did some looking into the problem, I found someone that contacted Pandora and they blamed it on Samsung...yet last.fm plays in stereo just fine. I think the Pandora app is flawed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pandora works pretty good on my moment. A few skips every now and then and it does not seem to play in stereo on my moment either. The drivers for the moment are seriously outdated. I contacted samsung and they emailed me that the drivers were scheduled to be updated in 2.2. But sprint has announced that the moment will not get 2.2 so i emailed them back about this and have not got a reply yet. The intercept has come out and it is a scaled down version of the moment with new drivers so we will probably have to root and get updated drivers that way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed the same thing immediately after ugrading to 2.1. Depending on how a song is mixed it is very noticable. On some songs some of the instruments cannot even be heard. I have to agree that it would appear to be a Pandora problem.

Chuck

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat