Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps turning off

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone keeps turning off

My moment keeps turning off if I leave it alone and I have to take the battery out and restart it

Tags (2)
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Phone keeps turning off

Are you sure it's not just hibernating and your not selecting right button to turn it back on? Bottom right button. Same one you use to turn it on with. One quick touch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

same with mine. Started after i updated to 2.1. Just shuts down and when i press the lowe right key nothing happens. i plug it in thinging the battery

is dead and still con't start it. i have to unplug, remove battery then hold the key.   HELP!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem called sprint and the tech said to try to reflash and if that didn't work let them now and they would exchange it i don't know how it will help if it is a update problem. unless they give me a totally different phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having same problem. Phone has been replaced once for different problems and now this. Phone will shut off with no indication it has done so and you have to pull the battery to get it to come back up, only to find the calls you have missed. I need a phone I can depend on and this apparantly is not the one. Going back to Sprint today for different brand of phone. I am willing to wait until June 4th for new HTC. No more Samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Guys!

I got a Samsung Moment a few months ago and just recently, I've noticed the same problem for my phone.

About 2 weeks ago, I noticed it would restart. Then it just powers off by itself, no reason why.

It's not the sleep mode.

If the device is plugged in, never powers off. Only off the battery.

I went and got a new battery. Same problem.

I have updated to 2.1, as well. Never had problems on 1.5.

Anyone have a resolution besides getting another phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue and only had 1 month...have to remove battery so I understand what you all mean....so wtf, will they replace them and if they do is there still this same issue???

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I think they may not care - they have the new Samsung Intercept rolling out soon to replace the Moment. I will try to hit up the Sprint Store this week to get mine looked at.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here it is .... the middle of September 2010 and still the same issue!!!!!  I am new to Sprint service.  My husband and I just switched from Verizon this past weekend.  We each got the Samsung Moment and boy are we starting to wonder if we should have stayed with Verizon!!!  We have had the phones 4 days now and my husband's is having the turning off issue.  At first he thought his battery might have been dead, but now we are realizing (after the 15th time in 4 days) that it is a phone issue.  He too has to remove the batter for a while and then put it back and wait and really hold the button to get it to come back on.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!   Then my phone is having the lost data connection problem.  And dealing with Sprint Customer Service is a complete JOKE!!  The guy tried to tell me yesterday that the address I was calling from did not have Sprint service and that is why I had no data.  BS!!!!  I told him I had been using the phone's data service ALL morning at the same addres (for about 5 hours) and that I was in the middle of a big city that most certainly does have Sprint service.  I'M SICK OF THESE ISSUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to think ... it's only been 4 days!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife and I are also experiencing the same problems. The phone just turns off. It even happened yesterday while my wife was typing a text message. Every time I go to pick up my phone, it's off! I've experienced the issue many times where I need to take the battery out to get it to turn back on. This isn't the case lately, it just turns off then takes forever to startup again. It's happening multiple times a day, and it can't be a coincidence that it's happening to BOTH my wife's phone an mine! So sad....

Journeyman

I feel everyone's pain. Mine has been starting this issue since October and all Sprint can do is replace my phone. I took it in Friday to the store because my phone wont charge right no more because the port on the side of the phone and for it turning off on me. I've had that happen when I was on the phone with someone. All they did on Friday was do a full reset and then go and tell me that there is nothing wrong with my phone. I'm getting too mad and upset. I'm ready to blow up on sprint. There is nothing that will fix this. You need to call Sprint and complain and hope they will give u a new refurbished phone. I was told that since my phone is not even a year old that I should be getting a brand new phone from sprint because of the manufacturer's warranty. The whole thing is that Sprint wont do that because of the fact they discontinued making this phone and they wont replace the phone with a new one. I'm to the point where I'm ready to complain to the FCC and maybe Better Business Bearu. I'm tired of all this crap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing with mine as everyone else in this thread. Seems to shut off randomly, whether charging or not. I have to unplug (if charging), remove/replace the battery, then restart the phone. This has happened before, shortly after 1st getting the phone in feb 2010, but was somehow fixed prior to upgrading to droid 2.1 in june/july.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat