cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Battery Life "Fix"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Poor Battery Life "Fix"

I've been reading on other forums about the battery life on the Samsung Moment. At first everyone thought the battery was just bad, but then a lot of them noticed the erradic drops percentage wise. Turns out there is nothing wrong, the phone is just indicating the percentage wrong. So here's the fix:

1. Charge the phone fully

2. Use the phone for as long as possible ignoring charge all warnings.

3. Wait until the phone forces itself to shut off

4. Charge it again completely.

5. Repeat steps 2 - 4

The phone should be showing the correct percentage now. During step 2 you might notice that even though the battery drops down to 80% within a few minutes and then to 70%, you'll see that it will stay there for a few hours and then drop to 50% and then further down. This fix will "reset" the indicator and hopefully make the phone read the battery charge correctly.

Please note that letting a Lithium Ion battery forcibly die out like this severely hurts its life so don't let this ever happen other than just this once.

source: http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-hero/1059-moment-less-buggy-than-hero-2.html#post4488

Message was edited by: arashed31

19 REPLIES 19
Journeyman

Re: Poor Battery Life "Fix"

Ive had this phone for a week and a half already and my meter still drops to 80% almost as fast as I take it off the charger after being on it all night.

Journeyman

So try this fix and see what happens. How long does your phone last overall?

Journeyman

*head desk* I have done this.

Journeyman

If you don't need GPS service, disable it.  It helps your battery last quite a bit longer.  You can always enable it, when needed.

Journeyman

also try not to leave bluetooth enabled unless  you are using a bluetooth device.

Journeyman

I also see the Bluetooth  a huge drain on the power of my phone. Along with the wifi.  I have tried  Jawbone Ext   , Plantronics Voyager Pro, Motorola H13, and have found theNew Motorola Flipping Brilliant to  have the Least amount of Power drain I can almost get 6 Hrs of use with about 15Min talk time and the battery is drained.   But the Bluetooth Application  on the phone is really bad.   Will not send custom ring tone to any of the Bluetooth head sets,

Will not  work with any of the call announce applications i have tried.    Turn off the Bluetooth and the WiFI and i can almost 8 full hrs and 30 min talk time than the phone is drained  . If I check my emil  I'm toast is about 4 Hrs.

Hope the brains at Sprint is trying to address the Battery and the Bluetooth on the phone FIRST!

Journeyman

It's so weird how large the range of battery life is with everyone's phones. Some people are reporting up to 32 hours of moderate use while some people can't even get 6 (one of them me). There are a lot of bugs that have been discovered caused by other apps like Google Voice and something with Google Apps syncing sucking down battery life.

Journeyman

May Me Too this Seam to realy Help the Moment

1. Run the phone as close to dead as you can

2.Charge it a Full 8 Hrs

3.Runit as close to dead again as you can

3.Charge it a full 8 Hrs again

I would Check the battery level each day  Every two Hrs and It HAS Improved.. Not near as good as the Instinct s30 But Real Improvement

I did that the last few days and found I'm getting about  a full work day of use and the last day I did not run it down to dead and it charged fine and

I'm getting noticable results

35% Talk   20 % text  30% email   15% Applications/Net       NoTV No Radio

Journeyman

Does the more widgets you have on your home screen promote to battery lose?

Journeyman

So I got this phone that can do many things but if I want to do any of the many things it can do I need to have the phone plugged into the wall or car? That sucks, I should not have to turn any of the options off. The phone should come with a battery that can handle all of the phones capabilities.

Journeyman

I Found a Fix for The battery That  does give me a FULL 10 Hr day  Its the "iGo" Battery pack It was about 45.00 for the set up but it does  work.

So sad we spend 500.00 for a phone and Sprint/Samsung  has not showed us much support in fixing the Bugs. I think the battery should have been addressed Right away!  Samsung engineers could have has us a patch out by now i would have thought.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat