cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RUMOR: Android 2.1 update set for March 26

Highlighted
Journeyman

RUMOR: Android 2.1 update set for March 26

So while i was looking around at xda it appears taht some sprint reps have leaked that March 26th would be the date for Android 2.1 update.  It also looks like the sprint reps inside stores have a meeting about the Heros update to 2.1 on March 22nd. I won't post the link to xda on here but beleive me hceck the other forums you will see that there are NUMEROUS sprint reps who know about this.

Now for the best part lets watch a rep throw this thread away with some comment "oh we dont have a date blah blah blah all we can say is early 2q 2010"  hey give us a month youll keep everyone happy

32 REPLIES 32
Journeyman

Re: RUMOR: Android 2.1 update set for March 26

I'm just going to sit back and get comfy....this should be good. 

Journeyman

I have seen the "source" of this rumor.  It states "for a 3/26 ship approval" on the Hero and "for a 3/31 ship approval" on the Moment..

The term "ship approval" is questionable.  Does it mean ship to department to get it ready for download off Sprint website or to phones on that date?

Maybe someone with knowledge of Sprint's use of that term can chime in.

Message was edited by: dayvedayve

Journeyman

Guess the guys at my local Sprint store that I asked are either very good at acting - or are just clueless... 

Journeyman

tooner, sarah, anyone?  Can you please confirm/dismiss this rumor?  I know theres a lot of things said and spread online, but this looks legitimate.  Please respond to this thread!

the XDA member (link withheld) gave out his sprint employee ID number, so I just don't see the point of him lying.  If any of you admins/employees want to see the post, just PM me.

thanks,

Adam

Message was edited by: infamousjax

Journeyman

Even if they knew they wouldn't say since it is not official news from the company.  It would be nice to have rumors verified but until sprint decides to announce it will just stay a rumor.

Journeyman

On the thread at XDA proclaiming theupdate the "tipster" did not give his ELID.  He was called out to give it by another Sprint employee, who had his name (bigmistake) as his member name.  The "tipster" looked up the other guys ELID to prove that both were Sprint employees.   The "tipster" knows that it would be a "death sentence" to give out that number and has refused.

This looks like this is factual update info so dont expect any confirmation from Sprint until right before the "official" release date.

Message was edited by: dayvedayve

Journeyman

Well, I guess we will see how accurate the Sprint email is if the Touch Pro2 gets WinMo 6.5 tomorrow on 3/10...

3/12 as noted by Dayvee

Message was edited by: Hodge

Journeyman

Re: RUMOR: Android 2.1 upsdate set for March 26

The "source" shows TP2 Windows 6.5 update to be "ship approval" 3/10.  Followed by

" Will be available on HTC website and Sprint.com/downloads site as well as ICSS retail tool on 3/12"

Journeyman

Sprint HTC HeroFirmware 2.1 update is coming on 03/26/2010.

I just got of the phone with the advanced support at sprint becuase my phone did not have any service since this morning. They tried all the basic trouble shooting and then said that they had seen this issue before but that the new firmware will address this issue they also stated that reactivating the phone is a work around for now. I kept on asking about the firmware release and they finally released a date for the 2.1 firmware. He stated and confirm that this update will come on 03/26/2010.

Journeyman

Did they say how it would be delivered.

Journeyman

could this really be it ????? the long awaited time for our 2.1????

i really hope it is... i am done with being stuck in the stone age with 1.5!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat