cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Airplane Mode

Journeyman

Random Airplane Mode

I've seen a lot of posts about the Samsung Moment going automatically into Airplane Mode.  Mine did this ALL the time when I first got it in April.  Took it back to the store and had it reset to factory standards in May.  After a good month of not having the problem, I'm starting to lose calls because the stupid phone is back in airplane mode.  So here it is, June and I've only had the phone 2 months. grrr.

Does ANYONE know what to do to permanently FIX this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Random Airplane Mode

Were you able to find a solution to this problem?  I have the same issue.  I originally bought the phone when it was still running Android 1.5.  I updated it to 2.1 at the store, and I am still having the "going into random airplane mode" problem.

Any ideas?  Does anyone know a thread that has a solution to this problem?

Thanks, Matt

Journeyman

The Moment is a very weak phone in my personal opinion. I have found many problems with Samsung's phones in the past, and hoping that when they released the Moment, it would be a great deal better than their past non-smartphones. Mine does have the random airplane mode problem also, and there has been no set way to fix the problem without compromising other phone functions. Among other problems with the Moment, the random airplane mode is by far the worst problem. Not only is it annoying, but it can also be dangerous. If you get into a car accident or something just as bad and you need to call 911, if the phone is on airplane mode, you're screwed. Unfortunately, I've had this phone since January, so I'm going to have to either pay $200 to cancel this deathtrap of a phone, or wait the full contract time. Both instances are unacceptable considering that Spring/Samsung should fix the problem on THEIR hardware. Once I am able to be rid of this phone, I am leaving both Sprint and Samsung behind.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I to am having the same problem and mine did not start until I upgraded to 2.1.  I like the new features but this random airplane mode can be dangerous if you need your phone and can't use it because it is in airplane mode.  Even when you go and un-check it it does not go back to normal you have to turn the phone off and back on to use it again.  Come on Sprint give us some answers?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat