cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Call Dials

Journeyman

Re: Random Call Dials (Zombie Phone)

Im sure it will.... Apparently the 2.1 update is right around the corner.....

Journeyman

Wondering if anyone has had this issue...tried to call my mom today and the screen froze up, didn't seem to go through.  Tried again and same thing happened.  I got a network not working type message.  Pushed the end button and put phone into sleep mode.  Even signed back in a while later (I have the pattern unlock turned on) it was on the home page and put phone in sleep mode again.  20 minutes later, I get a call from my mom who said I just pocket dialed her twice in a row (and she overheard a lunch conversation - not good)...any way to officially hang up these calls that did not go through??  I didn't think it would keep trying like that!

Journeyman

I have had the same problem since I got my phone in November of '09 and I can't tell you how annoying it is.  I will be in the middle of a conversation and my phone will just randomly start calling someone else for no reason.  It is NOT a user problem, I suspect it is because the phone does not have a proximity censor.  Whatever the reason, it is a big pain.

Journeyman

Here is another man to be in the same boat. I usually use the wired ear set provided by Samsung while I'm driving and need to make a phone call. So there's no way for me to touch the screen to disconnect. I just simply push the button attached to the ear set or simply wait for the person I talked to to disconnect. In a few seconds after I was disconnected, my Moment redial by itself the person I just talked to (most of the time, it was my wife...) and I should embarrassingly disconnect it manually. It have happened many times since I used Moment last November, however, I don't want to aggresively talk about that now as I am faced to a lot more serious problems than that, those are data lockup / airplane mode, useless GPS, etc.

Journeyman

Moving to Android 2.1 helped as it now has the slider to unlock.  However, I still get Zombie dials after making calls on headset, bluetooh, and direct.

Two free apps I found that definitely help.

One is called No Call Log which forces the phone to pause and go to the home screen after every call. 

The second is called Call Confirm which prompts a "Are you Sure you want to call" before every call.  

While not perfect..they have helped a bit.  Still even as recent as 2 days ago, I was on a call with someone via bluetooth and 20 seconds into the call it placed the person on hold and then redialed their number where it received their voicemail (since they were still on the phone with me).  So it's not perfect.  There's no easy way to stop the call as clicking "hang up" cancelled both calls. 

Specific to your other issues.  GPS is greatly improved with this version.   The built in Power Panel is a plus, but random battery life is still a major issue.  And for some reason while reading your post, my phone went into a locked airplane mode.  The Airplane mode was on and greyed out so I could not disable it (aka turn my service back on).  So I had to shut down and reboot.   The problem is that I had no idea and had missed 2 calls.   So thanks for your post as it made me look at the phone and realize it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Random Call Dials

This is not a user problem, this happens to me when the phone is in my pocket, or when I sit it down, it just calls people.  It left a voice mail on someones phone just yesterday I will try Call Confirm and see if this helps

Wizard

Tjenkins76 wrote:

This is not a user problem, this happens to me when the phone is in my pocket, or when I sit it down, it just calls people.  It left a voice mail on someones phone just yesterday I will try Call Confirm and see if this helps

Do you have the DE03 update?  It was released two months ago.  The update added "slide to unlock" to the phone.  If you don't have the update, get it.  If you do have the update on your phone, you must have a talented pocket for it to be able to press the red button once and only once, then do the proper slide to unlock in the exact location and direction required, and then press the required buttons to initiate a call without re-pressing the red button.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/31424?tstart=0

Message was edited by: wasbakntyme

Journeyman

yesssssssssssss my fone does everything you have descibed but its all samsung phones not noly urs

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat