cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent: Moment won't sync to Google Calendar

Journeyman

Hi!

I have had my Google calendar synced to my Moment for the past year, but this week all of my added events disappeared. I logged into my Google account and everything is still there. I have added an event through my phone and it also showed up to the online calendar. I had originally fixed the issue by resetting the calendar storage, which caused it to resync and all was well. Yesterday, my events were gone again and I did the memory reset trick again. Did not work. I still have the national holidays, but not my personal ones.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

My wife had the same thing happen to her Moment phone as well, starting Tuesday afternoon the 24th.  My phone is fine, but I log into my office callendar.  Hers is the same problem as yours.  The google calendar events show up on line, but cannot sync to her phone.  Have tried shutting off, taking out the battery, restarting, tried disconnecting from the calendar and syncing in every manner we know how. No luck so far.

Sprint Employee

Hello, while you are in the calendar application, when you go to the settingsis the calendar with your gmail address selected? which software version do you have in your Moment? (you can check in menu > settings> about phone> please list baseband and build

No longer working Community Response.
Master

On your device from the main screen goto menu>settings>applications>applications manager>show all programs.  scroll down to and tap calander  delete cache and information  let device resync

Journeyman

I found a work around.  The applications manager would not show the calendar as an application.  I spent an hour last night with tech support trying to work this through, only to discover on my own, that the link to items already on Google Calendar on the web was gone.  That said, any update individual items on the Calendar comes back on the system.  My wife is now going through her calendar adding an abbreviation for a "Location" for the appointment to each and every appointment and saves the change.  As soon as she does this, the phone has something new to sync to and the appointment shows up because it has now changed. So while we don't know what happened, with about an hour of editing she can get all her appointments back.

Journeyman

Yes, I have the Google calendar selected to add the events to.

As for the software, I'm a bit naughy and have not done the upgrade from CL14. (I never understood the directions on how to do it and until the other day didn't realize I could just go to a Sprint store.) So the baseband is S:M900.8.OS.CL14 build Cupcake CL14.

I surely hope that my lack of upgrading is not the cause - since it does sync from phone to the calendar.

Thanks in advance RC.

Journeyman

I had the same issue with my moment and I had to do a factory restore and then it worked again.  They just disappeared around the same time yours did.  when I called sprint, they had me clear the cache and that didn't help.  they had me talk to Samsung and they wanted me to send them my phone to have it "fixed".  When are they going to finally just recall this unreliable phone. 

Sprint Employee

Hello TROPICALKITTY7, CL14 is an older version of software, with the 3 updates that followed I cannot say what changes had been made in relation to sync accounts as many minor problems corrected in software updates are not listed for us. i would suggest updating to DJ07 because it would offer many fixes which may make the phone more reliable. before updating make sure your contacts are backed up to google, make sure pictures sent to you in messaging have been saved to SD, use an app to backup your text, call log, and browser favorites if you feel it is necesary. also consider that some applications from the market can cause unanticipated results, and try to avoid task killers and security/antivirus software. if you used a task killer for battery life then consider juice defender as it will less likely cause problems. please let me know if this helps, or if you have any additional questions

Journeyman

Thanks for the info RC! I definitely will do the updating.

On a note not related to this thread's topic, what's wrong with the task killers? When I bought my phone the Sprint rep told me to get one. I guess recommendations have changed in the past year or so?

Sprint Employee

In older versions of Android task management was not what it is now, some users gained battery life by ending tasks which may be running in background and consuming power. in most adroid phones task managers can cause freezing, application errors, and potential data loss. not to say this will definately occur, but certainly can. post back if you have any other questions, thank you.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat