cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove an application shortcut to the Home screen on the Samsung Moment

Journeyman

Remove an application shortcut to the Home screen on the Samsung Moment

Re: Samsung Moment - I touch and hold the icon, but it does not move.  Nor do I see the "trash" bin to send it to.  Shouldn't their be a menu item to "delete" something selected?  Of course, if you select the item, you just "go to it" and cannot act on the icon itself.  It's clear where applications can be uninstalled, but not icons, nor files.  I've also downloaded files I want to delete and do not see how to do that.  Thanks.

Message was edited by: paul2254

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Remove an application shortcut to the Home screen on the Samsung Moment

Just checked mine and every icon I tried worked. Have you power cycled the phone, could be something crashed during your current session and that functionality isn't working properly.

Have not experienced this problem as of yet. Best of luck.

Wizard

Re: Remove an application shortcut to the Home screen on the Samsung Moment

To delete an application icon or widget from the home screen:

1.  Press and hold the icon or widget until the phone vibrates momentarily and the tab at the bottom of the screen turns into a trash can icon

2.  While still pressing the icon or widget, slide it over the trash can icon

3.  Remove your finger from the icon or widget while it is over the trash can icon

If pressing and holding the icon or widget does not make the phone vibrate, try turning off the phone, removing the battery for a minute, reinstalling the battery, and turning the phone on.  I had the screen lock up once and this fixed it.

To delete files, you can either:

1.  Mount the SD card through the USB cable to your computer, then delete files using your computer

2.  Remove the SD card from your phone, install it in your computer, then delete files using your computer

3.  Use the application "File Viewer" on your phone.  It will show some types of downloaded files.  If the file you want to delete is shown, press it to open it in its associated application then use the application's Delete command to delete the file.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat