cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Samsung Moment - Issues i'm having

Journeyman

Returning Samsung Moment - Issues i'm having

1.  the muting/speaker problem others are having.  proximity setting doesn't help, or hitting back or pulling up dial pad to change the screen

2.  can't set up my work email account. i had my work email on my samsung rant, no problem.  with the moment it keeps telling me to verify the server, which has been verified by my IT dept to be the correct server typed in.  I need to be able to get my work email because I have a tech job that requires checking status of tickets when not in the office

3.  can't text my husband or two of my kids directly from contacts and salesperson duplicated the problem today trying to manually send without using contacts.  it returns an error message 9630 that stats I must use 10 digit dialing to send the text, my contacts have the number set as 10 digits already and the salesperson punched in 10 manually today for my husband and sons number and got the same error.

and while this isn't a problem i'm really not interested in many of the apps I've found so far.  There are some that do some cool things but they get boring pretty fast.  I'd really rather just be able to complete a phone call at this point.  I'm in my 30 day trial since I just got the phone Friday so i'm switching to a different phone completely.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Returning Samsung Moment - Issues i'm having

oh and also you don't get the sprint store for music downloads, ringtones and such with the Moment, instead you have amazon which is a catch 22...the music quality with amazon is much better quality than with the sprint store version, but you can't download the songs without a wi-fi connection (not just the sprint web you pay for with your phone, but i'm talking an actual wi-fi connection from your wireless network at home or out some place) so what good is that if you are some place where you don't have a connection?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe Blackberry or Windows is the way to go.

Journeyman

I'm can't setup my work email account also and have to do web mail - not good from the Moment.

Have another problem with another email account, rr.com.  Deleting email from the Trash folder is a huge pain - takes many deletes before it actually goes away.  Delete it and it pops right back, ugh.  another rr.com email account with minimal emails in the trash was no problem.  anyone hear of a fix, update?

Journeyman

I hope the blackberry comes in today.  This morning my third screen went out on the main slider.  I can only see two screens now.  Really sad because this is a great idea, best of both worlds with slider keyboard and touch in a droid phone, but just too many problems right now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat