ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsumg Moment is a Piece of !@%$

Journeyman

I loved my Moment when I first got it a year ago.  But for the last 3 months I have had nothing but problems with it.  I was so frustrated with it last week, when I got stranded and was unable to even get a local call to go through, that I was about to slam it down in the middle of the damn highway. 

It constantly freezes, takes forever to open anything that I click on, reboots for no reason then takes about 5 minutes to fully load, loses data all the time and signal strengh has even gotten worse. 

The worst part is that I only had it for 13 months and all Sprint wants to do to help is give me a lousy $75 towards and early upgrade because I'm a premier silver customer.  Big Whoop.  

This Moment was $375, less rebate, when I got it 13 months ago ($275 out of pocket).  Not worth it, at all.  With all the problems this phone has, Sprint should be giving me a FREE upgrade, of my choice.  Pfft, like that will ever happen.

I would like to upgrade to the EVO 4G, but I sure as hell can't afford $300 out of pocket to upgrade to it.  And according to the website that's what I would pay after my $75 discount that they are so graciously offering me. 

Completely frustrated and fed up with this BS.

Correction:  Apparently I was wrong on the price I would have to pay for the upgrade that I would like.  I would actually have to pay $374.99 that is with the $75 discount.    Again BS.  Especially since I just looked at the price to buy the phone as a new line vs. an upgrade.  They are selling (when not sold out online) the EVO 4G is listed for $199.99 on the website.  Now how in the hell does it make sense to offer and upgrade to someone that has been doing business with you, making payments on time, doesn't complain until now, to make them pay $175 to upgrade a phone vs just buying a new one?  I don't get it.  Seems a bit backward to me, but that my opinion.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Samsumg Moment is a Piece of !@%$

Why are people still complaining about this phone?

This phone is not even being made anymore. Sprint actually has a free trade in program that started july 30 2010 for this phone to either get a hero or intercept. Some people have even been able to get a transform, lg optimus or credit towards an evo/epic and pay almost nothing.

So u people do have options u just want a reason to complain.

One tip regular customer service is not authorized to do the free trade in so u need to get a hold of executive services or advanced tech support. Also u do not need to have insurance to do the free trade in just have atleast a few trips to sprint store and or replacments on your account. O almost forgot the biggest thing, the trade in will not extend your contract either.

So i guess u guys should stop complaining to, or on the sprint forum cuz they have been doing the right thing. Y not hit up sammy and raise h e l l to them they are obviously the ones who did not want to do a recall.

Journeyman

Would love to know where to go to get this trade in your talking about because I've been to a sprint store and talked to sprint reps online and to customer service and the only thing they can offer is a refurbished Moment - no upgrade - no trade in for another phone - good for you if you did get this but it's not really the norm that's going around!!

Journeyman

I've had my Moment since March 2010 and haven't really had that many issues with it.  However, I discovered months ago that if I let the internal memory get too low, that's when I start having problems with freezes, lagging, etc.  I am using a cache cleaner and try to keep the internal memory in the 75-80 mg area.  If I do that, the phone works pretty well.  Now I do wish Samsung/Sprint would have pushed an Froyo upgrade to the Moment.  If I could move some apps to my SD card, that would help a lot.  As it is now, I can't really add any apps without removing something else first.  And that's a bummer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What trade in program are you talking about??  I have taken my paperweight in several times and all I get is a refurbished Moment with basically the same problems as the one I took in.  I have even asked about replacing it for a different phone and they say that I am eligible for a $75 discount since I have had it for over a year or I can wait for the contract to expire and save $150 on a new phone.  So please eloborate on this "exchange program" so the rest of us can take advantage of it.........

Journeyman

Yeah, great idea. Like anyone even knows about "executive services" or advanced tech support. Hell, I'm just an average guy who's tried numerous times to get this piece of crap phone to actually work right. But of course it's MY fault because I don't have the secret decoder ring and I don't know the secret number to call in order to talk to the secret people who handle this stuff for you "special" people. The bottom line is..I spent my hard earned $$$ on a product and all I expect is for it to work right. If it doesn't, I shouldn't have to go digging around in some back storeroom to find out who can help me. It should be out in the open for EVERYONE to see. The fact that YOU say you knew about this leads me to believe one of two things: Either your an employee who finds it funny that customers aren't told simple stuff, or your a geek who has no life and hangs out on a Sprint phone forum. Either way...you need to take a hike. You're not helping anyone.

Sorry folks...I'm just about on my last nerve with this phone, this company, and all the b/s that I get when I try to get help or service.

Journeyman

I'm so incredibly disappointed that Sprint is providing the exact same level of crappy customer service to all of us. I was hoping it was just me but now I read these forums and I realize that everyone w/ the crappy Samsung Moment is just as frustrated as me. I'm on my 2nd Moment and it's having the exact same problem my last Moment had and the same problem everyone on here is having- loose/faulty charging port. Yet these techs are pointing the finger at us as if all of us are mistreating or misusing our phones and causing the same problem across the board. What a joke. Are you even LISTENING? That's what I want to know...

I've been a loyal Sprint customer for 10 years. I have never complained and have been a strong advocate for the company and their service. However, the fact that they have probably read this thread (and every other thread about the poor quality of the phone we each purchased) and are still choosing to not do anything disappoints me to no end. On your website you say, "See what makes us stand out from the other guys." I'm here to tell you that the way you're handling this is EXACTLY how I would expect the other companies to respond. Now is the time to prove to me that you are better than your competition.

What I expect is to buy a phone and have it work for more than 6 months. I bought the phone from Sprint, I bought the accessories and charger from Sprint, so yes, I expect Sprint to fix it. If you don't provide your customers with a quality product, regardless of their 10 years of loyal support, you will lose them. Good luck with that business plan.

Sprint Employee

Hello all, I'm sorry to here that you all have had so much trouble, I have to be honest with you that in all the Moment is not a bad phone. I personally used one of these for more than a year before I gave it to my sister., she still uses the phone. if you have too many tasks running, are running low on available internal memory, or never clear your call log/app cache/messages it may have a very short battery life, phone may heat up, or may start to freeze, I found using juice defender, setting pop/imap email accounts to not check for messages automatically, and leaving about 40+MB of internal space free worked wonders, I would expect the same from any android phone. most of the Samsung Moments that we activated did not exhibit charging problems. you may perceive that every user of this phone experienced these problems based on feedback in these forums. The people posting in these forums about this device represent only a fraction of all users of the Moment. of you are having trouble with the phone, and you cannot tie it back to an app or setting, then you should have the phone checked in the store for possible hardware problems. If you have specific phone related questions we are glad to answer them here.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

The Moment is the worst phone I have ever had. I have been to the sprint store several times to get this piece of junk fixed and the next one just keeps doing the same thing. They had me install an apps killer and still it freezes takes forever to respond or just does a force close- I hate this phone!!!

Journeyman

I agree, the Moment is the biggest piece of crap phone out there!  I am on my 2nd one and I only had that one a month before the charging port was coming loose again and then my screen was all messed up.  Now, the only thing I can do with my phone is surf the net and text, I cannot talk on my phone at all.  I called Sprint up and BITCHED them out and got now where with them.  I feel your pain, I will NEVER NEVER buy another Samsung phone EVER AGAIN!!  I have been a loyal Sprint/Nextel customer for over 8.5 years now and I feel like they treat me like a 6 month customer.  Its BS, plain and simple!!  If they get rid of their unlimited plan, I am telling Sprint GOODBYE!!!  Just amazes me at how the customer service sucks for people like myself, the LOYAL people who stay!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat