cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment 2.1 - Audio Routing / Bluetooth Issue

Journeyman

Samsung Moment 2.1 - Audio Routing / Bluetooth Issue

After an upgrade from 1.5 (CL14) to DE03 (2.1) I've noticed the following issue with my Bluetooth / audio routing in my car.

Scenario
* Moment successfully paired to car's Bluetooth after DD03
* I can make/receive calls via Bluetooth -- voice commands with my car's Bluetooth system and call is successfully placed by Moment
* My car has an RCA/AUX jack - I've connected that to my Moment's headphone jack to listen to podcasts while commuting to work.

Here's where the problem starts. If the Moment's headphone jack is connected to my car's AUX input with an RCA cable, I can place calls via Bluetooth (or I can hear the ringing of an incoming call) but when the call is connected (incoming/outgoing) the audio isn't being sent from the Moment to the car's speaker. I know the call is connected because I see the call duration timer on the Moment's dialer screen -- and more importantly, if I remove the cable from the headphone jack the audio is then routed to the car's speaker via Bluetooth. If I plug the cable back into the jack, the audio stops again.

I'm pretty sure that this wasn't a problem in CL14.  It seems to have been introduced in one of the leaked builds (e.g. DD03).

Sprint: Known issue / bug?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment 2.1 - Audio Routing / Bluetooth Issue

Yes it is a bug, I have the same problem. Can't have both plug audio jack in and bluetooth at the same time, by default audio goes through the headphone jack and not to bluetooth when you are on a call.  Hopefully sprint and samsung issue a fix for it, not sure if they really know about it or care at this point.

Journeyman

+1.  I drove someone crazy yesterday calling and not being able to hear until the third time, when I tried taking the audio plug out and suddenly everything was fine on the car bluetooth...

Journeyman

+1! This is driving me nuts, too. Has Samsung or Sprint made any comments about it?

Journeyman

I thought I was the only one with this stupid problem. I want to use bluetooth to talk, but use the aux for music. If I have a call come in, i have to unplug the cable to be able to use bluetooth. It wasn't like that before.

Journeyman

Now that Sprint has abandoned the phone, don't expect any fix for this. They are on to other phones already.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat