cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment 2.1 Upgrade... phone loses wireless connectivity

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Moment 2.1 Upgrade... phone loses wireless connectivity

I upgraded to 2.1 on Friday 14th and on saturday I started having problems with the phone acting like if it is in "airplane mode" and nothing else can bring connectivity back until I reboot the phone.

I have to mention that "airplane mode" settings in the phone appear as "off".

Battery life also sucks!

16 REPLIES 16
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment 2.1 Upgrade... phone loses wireless connectivity

OMG!!!!  ME too!!!!!  Got my update b/c my phone was freezing up, VERY slow to respond.  Went to my Sprint store, they uploaded the update yesterday.  Yeah...seriously disappointed so far.  Wireless disappears altogether or I'm all of a sudden in Airplane Mode.  Only way to fix it is to reboot and sometimes remove battery.   Not sure about battery life, but had to charge before normal yesterday.  Thought it was possibly due to having the update install taking 20 min or so per store personnel and then of course having to search and reinstall all my apps that I lost!  HATE to go back to the store, but do I really have any other options?  UGH!!  And I've only been a Sprint customer since March 2010.  NEVER had these issues with AT&T...was my switch worth it?  Hmmmmm 

Journeyman

here goes nothin. before update issues where phone drops internet and can not get back untill phone use rebooted. keeps saying internal memory is full. phone will not ring when on internet or playing game. battery drops 30 points just checking email wich takes 3 minutes. phone locks up black screen have to pull battery. since the update to 2.1 the phone forsecloses on all apps and even phone apps like galery or message. after forseclose phone goes black and must pull battery. this happened 15 times in 90 minutes. phone looses wireless connection and will not restore untill phone is rebooted. they shouldnkt be able to make a phone that will not run apps. very extreamly disapointed in the moment. please help if you or someone can.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem, but it was working on 1.5. It would connect to my home network (WEP secured) perfectly, but had issues with bluetooth answering into my car, now i have no wifi connectivity and the bluetooth still doesnt work right.

I am getting sick of the games. Fix the probs that ppl actually complained about, instead of competing with apple and their iPhone! I would trade some of the BS apps for a working bluetooth connection so i dont get tickets when trying to answer my moment.

Journeyman

same problem here but I had the issues with 1.6 or CL14 or whatnot.   Doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it but at least I'm usually doing something so I notice it and hopefully havnt missed any calls.  Really sucks because the reason I upgraded my phone is I had to reboot my treo like once a day for similar probs..

!!!

But seriously I just upgraded to 2.1 and lost all connectivity before I could download my 1st app.. all I did was play w./ the camera and the power control widget for a minute or two and launch my 1st market download..

C'mon sprint! 

Journeyman

Please report the Airplane mode and connectivity issues on this thread... http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/32744?tstart=0

This will help Sprint/Samsung duplicate and hopefully finally resolve this issue.

Journeyman

I am glad that someone brought that up.  But my phone was going into airplane mode even before I got the upgrade.  My other issue was that you can't get it out of airplane mode unless you take the battery out.  I tried the going through the usual steps and it did not work.  My phone was also freezing up and I felt that the upgrade actually helped me.  What upset me the most was when they upgraded my phone it wiped everything I had pics, ringtones, etc.  I was told pryor to the upgrade that everything would be spared, but they were mistaken and I got very upset. I had some things that I really wanted that are now gone. Cant win.

Journeyman

I am a little late with the update, just updated my phone yesterday while at work.  I did have a minor issue with it freezing up when I first tried the power widget but after taking the battery out and then restarting the phone it has worked great.

I did notice that the battery does drain a lot faster but noticing that apps keep turning on when not even used.  I highly recommend downloading a "Task Killer" app to force close any apps running behind the scenes you dont want.  This might be causing some of the complaints on the phone acting up because it will start up almost 20apps and that will cause some problems.

I was a little dissapointed in the live wallpaper not available on this upgrade.  I noticed that the company "SDX-Developers" who first released there upgrade version had more success.  They added in some extras such as: Wireless Tethering, Live Wallpapers, 3D Gallery and other things.  The main thing was removing extra data not needed.

Sprint- if your reading this, you might want to take a look at there version and take some notes....  just a suggestion.

Maybe we will see a update to the upgrade to fix these issues.

Journeyman

I just got this phone 4 days ago and I have had to remove the batter 3 time already because the data symbol just goes away randomly. The last time I was in the marketplace and was downloading apps and then all of a sudden it stopped in mid download and didn't recover after waiting 3 hours. I pulled the battery and then it resumed all the downloads and I got my emails again.

Is there something that can fix this or is the phone just crap?

Journeyman

first off yes the battery life well there is none. if you talk on the phone or use the internet or go to the market or email a lot or use any web based app you must first plug the phone in. i can play my papaya farm game for one hour and the battery is gone. im not so sure that the connection issue is with the phone. this is my second moment phone as it does the same thing the first one did. from a fresh reboot i get on line and after 7 to 9 minutes the left or down arrow stops working the little net connection box goes from 1x to eu and then shows an x and then goes to a d which i assume means disconnected cause then the box disaperse all together and if at that time if you are using a web based app you can not do anything with the phone except to shut the phone off or pull the battery. i have tryed to update prl so maybe my connection could get better. when i have full bars the connection is better but if i only have one or two bars i loose network connection. not sure if its a network or connection issue just wish someone could figure it out. it happens about 12 to 15 times an hour and is getting very frustrating. its kind of hard to explain but i think ive done a good job.

Journeyman

I have had this issue before the 2.1 update.  I bet that if all of you disable the WiFi and do not use it, the issue does not return.  the moment you use your WiFi, the "death clock" starts and eventually the "airplane mode" activates.  Can't really call it airplane mode either, cause that also doesn't work.  seems to lock up if you try to turn it on and off for a reset.  Only way to keep this from happening is to leave your WiFi off and not use it.  If you do use it, turn it off and hard boot the phone.  Don't know if it is software or hardware but I wish someone would fix it.

Journeyman

i have started to think its not the phone. when i use the internet and my bars drop down to nothing i lose connection but when my bars stay full it works fine. im pretty sure that there is some sort of issue at the connection point with the tower. i dont use wifi that is shut off. i like i said full bars phone works like it should but when the bars drop off to anything but full it loses connection and drops whatever im doing. i dont understand what happens to the signal or why its so speratic but its very anoying. i play an internet game on my phone and the game blacks out 25 times an hour. i do not believe its the phone but something to do with connection at the tower. its deffenitly connected to signal stregth. when signal strength drops connection is compermized. i do wish they could fix this issue. they would have fewer complaints about the phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat