Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Release

Current Version: S:M900.8.0S.CL14

The latest software update CL14 is currently only available by visiting a Sprint retail location with a Repair Center. Check our store locator to find a Repair Center location near you. We recommend you call ahead and make an appointment to avoid long lines.

http://storelocator.sprint.com/SL2/Default.aspxhttp://storelocator.sprint.com/SL2/Default.aspx

The ability to download the update directly on your Moment will be available in the near future. Continue to check the Support webpage for further updates. ** http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_Samsung_Momen...

CL14 OTW from your PC will be available Friday (02/19/10).  http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Samsung/Samsung_Moment-SPHM900ZKA.

Here's the link to the new post http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/27178

CL14 update includes:

• Network Assist GPS to allow indoor location fix
  • Updates to several third-party apps, including Visual Voicemail, NFL, NASCAR and Sprint TV
  • Change to Emergency Dial on lock screen
  • Hard reset available in recovery mode: remove and reinsert battery; press volume down, send and end keys until reboot option pops up; scroll to wipe data/factory reset; press OK
  • Various improvements to battery life

Message was edited by: izzyks

Message was edited by: izzyks

325 REPLIES 325
Highlighted
Journeyman

i went to sprint store, and they told me to do the OTA i did that and no firmware available and my phone still showing old version not the cl14

Highlighted
Journeyman

Because it's not available OTA yet. Communities like this sometimes make the consumer more knowledgeble than a company's actual employees. I would recommend printing out or bringing in documents or posts from Sprint Admin (like at the beginning of this thread, which clearly says it's not available OTA) to educate them on the spot. Call first, never assume this company has all its stores and affiliates on the same page.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As promised here is a follow-up response to the issues many of you encountered (sorry it took longer than I thought it would). I also want to clear up any misconceptions and/or answer questions.

• We have a plan to communicate information to our stores earlier in the process to give them more time to prepare for our customers
  • We are also working to communicate upcoming changes to our customers in our Community as early in the process as possible. The plan is to update the Community about software updates as well as recognizing known issues as they are reported and we confirm the issues. Please know that we may not be able to do this every time, but will try our best to communicate as openly as possible.
  • We are striving to simplify the downloading process for all of our updates. When we make major firmware updates it’s highly likely those will require a tethered update process due to size. However, we’ve recently launched OTA capabilities because we are always looking to improve the capability of devices for our customers and OTA gives us an elegant distribution mechanism assuming the size limits are within reason.
  • In the case of CL14, we’re still working on PC download version for our customers but have no ETA on when that might be available.

Also, please note that I posted an update on the Android 2.1 update on the Android forum. Things are going very well right now.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/146963#146963

Thanks again to everyone for their patience and feedback. For those that do have the update, we’re very pleased to hear that most, if not all, of the major issues have been addressed.

Message was edited by: tooner

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anything on the issue of stores being told to stop the updates? Could it have anything to do with my phone have 100% network usage time by the Android system?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I spoke with the communications team last night and there was no Sprint sanctioned update to any stores to stop updating devices. We are looking into the specific examples of where our customers are being told that they have been told to stop.  We hope to clear up any confusion today.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks tooner! On a related note to my posted issue... I just turned off the 'Use wireless networks' for location finding and magically I'm no longer running full bore on entwork usage. That can't be normal...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, seems the CL14 is now making it to newest devices as well. Talked a friend into getting one in South Bend, IN, and it had CL14 on it out of the box ....

Highlighted
Journeyman

It seems to be hit and miss with the service techs.

My experience has luckily been a “hit” and totally positive. I used the Sprint store in the Clearwater Mall, Clearwater  FL. I made an appointment ahead of time. When I arrived I was checked in by a very courteous greeter. My phone was taken for the update. About 20 minutes later I walked out the door with phone updated. I was treated quite well through the whole process. They were professional, courteous, and thank goodness, were well aware of CL14.

Now for the update itself: I have noticed a dramatic decrease in battery drain. It is nice to walk around the house without plugging in to a wall outlet every 30 minutes. The phone itself does appear to be a little peppier than before. The slide out keyboard now has NO lag while typing. GPS and Maps now work indoors. Bluetooth now works correctly. I can make a call directly from my Bluetooth earpiece by pressing a button. I couldn’t do this prior to the update.

Prior to the update I did backup and later restored my bookmarks using free software I downloaded from the Android Market. I did not have to back up any files because I simply removed my microSD chip prior to the update and put it back in after I got home. I did have to reinstall all my apps. That is o.k. because this gave me the opportunity to re-download only those apps that I actually use. My contacts were automatically restored after re-syncing with the Google Gmail thing.

Overall I am very happy with the Sprint store I used, with the CL14 update for sure, and with my Moment. Good luck to you and I hope you have a positive experience too!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I tried to post this as a new topic yesterday however, it is not getting any attention and it sort of has something to do with the update.

I had my phone updated last Friday in Spring Field VA at the ADCOMM store. Everything is good except the keyboard will not stay on. I would like to know if anyone else had/has that problem and if so what they did to correct it. It stays on less now then before however it is much faster. Sorry if this is preceived as off topic however, any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

DCDennis: yes, the keyboard light on mine has always, even before installing the CL14 update, turned off quite quickly. however, i agree that this is a key {smile} issue that just may deserve a hotfix to it from Sprint as well, because when u r typing in the dark, it does create somewhat of a problem having to hit any key just to get the light back on. good point!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am curious how many others are still having major battery issues after the CL14 update. I intiially thought mine was doing much better but for the last few days I have been at work, it is again down to 15% by noon. This is with many of the features turned off (GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth, etc) and very minimal usage. (Mostly just getting my emails while it sits on the desk next to me. I'm not even reading them.) I realize I consciously avoid using the phone becaue of concern it will crap out on me later in the day. So is anyone else still having problems like this? FYI, i have gone through the "conditioning" multilpe times with this phone and I almost think it has made it worse.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Had the update for a couple days now and all seems well...Not a huge difference...Battery is better...The single thing that improved my battery life was to turn off auto sync under "Data Sync..." in settings...It was still on in the latest update but I turned it off...I don't need it to update my weather and stock portfolios all day long...

They really need to have a "sync every 2 hours" option or something...It's either constantly syncing or not syncing...I just sync my gmail and stock protfolio manually and I can get through a full 12 hour day easy...with significant usage...

Good luck,

Jeff

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat