cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Update Causes Bug?

Journeyman

Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Update Causes Bug?

I updated my Samsung Moment with the CL14 maintenance update a few days ago, and ever since then my phone has randomly flashed on and off throughout the day. Usually the only way to make it stop is to restart the phone; but it'll start doing it again.

I've called tech support numerous times, but it's obvious they don't know what to do to fix it.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment CL14 Maintenance Update Causes Bug?

After updating to CL14, my phone now flashes on and off all day. My other phone came with CL14 already installed and it doesn't do it. Other than this incredibly annoying and battery draing issue, the upgrade worked. I would go back to the prior sofware if I could. It took me hours to reload my programs after upgrading. I use open home (7 screens)

R,

Jim

Journeyman

Visit this thread and see if it gives you any insight... http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/24237?start=0&tstart=0&reqsorting=dec

Journeyman

i'm getting the same thing. it's annoying and i wish i could go back to before the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, First post, but been lurking for years (since my SPHi500).

After CL14, my bluetooth wont stay linked to my car, or any other bluetooth device.  So between that and the 3 hour stand-by time, Sprint finally agreed to give me a brand new Touch Pro2 for free.  I now have the TP2, which also suffers from old software while all other carriers (even ALLTEL) have upgraded to WM6.5.  However, the phone does what it is supposed to, and I can USE it all day without having to turn off Bluetooth and wifi, and PCS when I can... etc. etc. to preserve battery.

I got a text today telling me to come in and get CL14... umm already got it... now I have a new phone.  For the Moment, it's on the shelf awaiting 2.1.

Best of luck to you all.  I'm getting such a cheap deal that I'll stay with sprint.  It's actually cheaper for me to add a Verizon line than switch both my wife's smart phone and mine to Verizon or any other carrier.

Bottom line: Sprint bricked by bluetooth so I have a new model.  You all might want to consider the same.  I don't believe that 2.1 will really fix anything; if it ever comes.

Journeyman

felicia28 wrote:

I updated my Samsung Moment with the CL14 maintenance update a few days ago, and ever since then my phone has randomly flashed on and off throughout the day. Usually the only way to make it stop is to restart the phone; but it'll start doing it again.

I've called tech support numerous times, but it's obvious they don't know what to do to fix it.

Any ideas?

Here is the thread regarding the flashing screen. Please use this thread going foward; tt makes it easier for others to locate information versus opening multiple threads. Thanks --

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/152465#152465

Message was edited by: izzyks

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat