cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment CL14 issue with Bluetooth

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung Moment CL14 issue with Bluetooth

Since I hadmy Samsung Moment updated to the CL14 release, the bluertooth will NOT automatically pair up with my device.  My Plantronics VoyagerPro no longer automatically paired up with the Samsung Moment.  Each time I turned the Bluetooth device on, I have to go into the Menu->Wireless controls->Bluetooth Settings->ProPlantronics  to initiate the phone to pair with the headset.  It used to work like a charm pre-CL14 maintenance release.

Any one seeig similar thing?

Thanks

HB

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
28 REPLIES 28
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment CL14 issue with Bluetooth

Yes, although I had to do that a lot, anyway.  On the other hand Voice dialing over bluetooth now works.

Journeyman

I'm getting some Bluetooth issues w/the Moment as well.  Here are two issues -- I can repro the first:

1) I successfully paired my Moment w/the Bluetooth in my BMW 328i (2008).  As long as the phone isn't powered off/on or the Bluetooth isn't turned off/on on the phone, the phone/car re-pair every time.  If I have cycled the power on the phone (or turn the Bluetooth off/on) the phone/car do not successfully re-pair.  In that case I make the Moment discoverable and all is well again.

2) Buzzing/crackling - occasionally the phone audio will break-up/crackle.  When that happens, I repair the phone w/the car and all is well again. 

Dhubba,

Your issue #1 is exactly what I found above.  Each time I turned on the bluetooth I have to go into the Wireless Settings->Bluetooth Settings and the device would show" Paired but not connected. Click the device to get it connected again.  CL14 update definitely broke this as it used to work before.  Hope someone at Sprint is taking this note to fix it in the next release.

I may call technical support to report.

HB

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
Journeyman

I posted this in another thread but I'll repeat it here since this thread seems more appropriate:

The same Bluetooth issues apply with Ford Sync as well. It's a total disaster.

Journeyman

Make sure that Bluetooth is checked on both the Wireless Controls screen and the Bluetooth settings screen.  I was having problems with my headset connecting  until I made sure that both were checked.  Now it connects with my headset automatically (so far anyway).  Why do they have to Bluetooth checkboxes?  Who knows but it follows suit with the other quirky things about Android Bluetooth

Journeyman

I have experienced the same issues as you describe and making the phone discoverable works, but this is definitely a very annoying glitch.  Now, my Bluetooth QuickToogle App from the Android Marketplace that saved me from having to go deep into the menus to turn the Bluetooth on and off is now rendered useless.  Samsung/Google/Sprint need to fix this glitch ASAP please!

Message was edited by: rslovin

Journeyman

I have having the same issue - as mentioned in your #1 - never had an issue before this update - but it is a pain with the Ford Sync - I even did a master reset of the sync thinking it was it - tried 2 different other cell phones in it - no problem. 

IMO its almost like the radio is hosed - airplane mode is jacked up,  sometimes will show the airplane not in the signal bars but off to the left and full bars, reboot is needed.

Sprint I hope your reading this - cause this is some bullshit -  I even called Tech Support tonight I was so fed up and I was told to remove the battery and reboot the phone - I have been in IT for 20 years - this is fundamental.  I even reset the phone AND I have even hard reset with the CL14 firmware update - still the same results. 

***This is good - I asked the tech can they give me a timeframe of v2.1 and she informed me that they cannot but some people have been getting it installed by taking their phones to Sprint store - I responded with "I just want to make sure you are talking about the Android v2.1 update"  she said yes.

As I chuckled to myself I hung and HAD to call the local Sprint store and they said - No idea what she is talking about and we would love to get our hands on this. 

SPRINT STEP UP AND RELEASE 2.1 for MOMENT AND HERO AND FIX THIS RADIO ISSUE - YOU BETTER STEP UP YOUR GAME CAUSE VERIZON JUST SIGNED A HUGE CONTRACT WITH THE NFL - SO HOWS THAT GOING FOR YOUR SPRINT?  ILL ASK THE SAME QUESTION COME SEPTEMBER WHEN FOOTBALL STARTS - BYE BYE NFL APP

Journeyman

This is definitely a problem with this update because it worked perfectly with Ford Sync prior to this. In fact, it worked better than any phone I've had and I was so happy to finally have a fully working phone/Sync. No longer. Bummer.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue. I just bought my Moment a couple days ago...it came with the CL14 update. I paired my Phone with my car and it worked great. But...it does not automatically connect when you start the car. You have to make it discoverable and scan again for devices every time. I hope there is a fix soon!! So far...I love the Moment...I upgraded from a Touch Pro and I find it much better. If anyone hears of a fix...please let us know. Thanks

Journeyman

I recall it syncing automatically for me once not including the initial setup, however this morning I also had to make it discoverable for the car to recognize it.  2010 Toyota Camry.

In fact I do not need to perform the full pairing of the device.  What I need to do is:

1. power on the bluetooth headset

2. Menu->Settings->Wireless Control

3. Select Bluetooth settings

4. tap on your <Bluetooth Device>

That will trigger a connect from the paired device to the Moment.

No need to perform Discoverable and full pairing (I have Discoverable unselected.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat