cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment CL14 issue with Bluetooth

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment CL14 issue with Bluetooth

I've gotten it to work that way with BT audio but it will not work with the phone for some reason. Pairing the phone with the bluetooth on my computer at work sort of works. I can watch the BT indicator on the computer go on then off after a few seconds, then back on then off. Its intermittent.

Journeyman

I can report same results as everyone else here.  With a 2008 Scion TC it will pair but not connect to the bluetooth unless I tell it to.  If I turn off the car and turn it back on I need to repeat the manual connection.

- Bill

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a solution:

I had the same issue, 2007 BMW 335i, Samsung WEP870, Jawbone2, PC, all same result.

After days and days of calls, I finally decided that it was worth it to leave sprint and pay the fee while leaving a better business bureau complaint.  Well, sprint had a better idea: FREE Touch Pro2.  Brand new.

And... I can run Android on it... pretty much... better later 😃

Oh, and PS: TP2 got it's major upgrade... does the Moment have 2.1 yet?

I Still have the Moment, maybe I'll switch when 2.1 comes out... I really wanted to like that phone.

Journeyman

Here's an update on the "cracking/static" problem I've had  w/Bluetooth.  I'd read on a different forum about users who were  encountering the same issue.  One possible solution has been to turn off  the WiFi on the Moment.

Just ran the test at home and  turning off the WiFi seemed to eliminate the static/cracking.  Limited  sample size though -- I'm going to leave WiFi OFF for a couple of days  and will report the results.

Journeyman

Excellent - thanks dhubba for the tip - going to try to in the morning - sounds VERY promising.

Journeyman

dhubba wrote:

Here's an update on the "cracking/static" problem I've had  w/Bluetooth.  I'd read on a different forum about users who were  encountering the same issue.  One possible solution has been to turn off  the WiFi on the Moment.

Just ran the test at home and  turning off the WiFi seemed to eliminate the static/cracking.  Limited  sample size though -- I'm going to leave WiFi OFF for a couple of days  and will report the results.

OK...I've tried this for a couple of days and it appears that turning off the WiFi has eliminated the crackling/static problems in my Bluetooth connection.

Clearly a workaround vs. a solution but at least people are no longer complaining, "You're breaking up."

Journeyman

Timge,

I tested this out.  If you check it on the Wireless controls menu it automatically checks it in the Bluetooth settings menu and visa versa.

Journeyman

UserTim,

I have a Camry as well (2007) and here is what I had to do.  Even though I made it discoverable it still would not connect unitl I selected Phone/Bluetooth/Registar and the on the phone clicked on the Handsfree (which is the Camry representation on the phone).  Just making it discoverable would not work at all once the car was already started.

Here is something else I discovered quite by accident though.

When I was attempting to connect my Moment to my computer via Bluetooth the other day I was able to pair them but since no services were running on the computer the connection is bascially worthless.  After I did that though all of my Bluetooth devices (2007 Camry Hybrid, Logitech stereo head phones and Plantronics Voyager Pro headset) all worked flawlessly until I powercycle the phone.

So now if I want my bluetooth to work as it should I go to my computer and re-pair it (add a bluetooth device and make the phone discoverable). All I have to do it pair it and not do anything else.  It works then until I power cycle or remove the battery.

Journeyman

I am having the same issues. I just got the Moment 4 days ago and my headset and my Dodge  Truck will not automaticly connect. I have to  go through all the settings to connect or " discover".

I tried to call customer service and they said it must be my devices. Well Sprint I hope you are reading these post  becasue it sounds like a software glitch with YOUR CL14. I thought

it might have been the phone and I was going to have sprint exchnage the phone but I guess there is no point . I love the phone other than this issue.

Journeyman

The pairing issue is a problem of 1.5 from what I read. The static issue is because bluetooth uses the 2.4 GHz spectrum, just like wifi, microwave ovens, and cordless phones, etc. The more items running on 2.4 GHz the more it is subject to interference.

Journeyman

Could be  the 1.5 ( I am assuming you are talking about the anriod OS ). But if that was the case why would my wife's Hero phone work fine? Same OS, just different manufacture. Just a thought....

Journeyman

Perhaps its because of the hardware hooks that bolt the OS to the hardware that's the issue then. I'm only speculating though. For all I know 1.5 isnt the issue and it has more to do with environmental conditions or suspect hardware used by the bluetooth headsets. Who knows.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat