cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment CL14 issue with Bluetooth

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment CL14 issue with Bluetooth

I'm not tech savvy. All I know is prior to CL14 my bluetooth worked flawlessly with all my Bluetooth devices and my Ford Sync. With CL14, it is broken. I can get it to connect manually about 90 percent of the time but its nowhere near as good was it was before CL14. CL14 broke it.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

This is not true. I did not have this problem pre-cl14 patch.  It is morevlike the cl14 patch broke the Bluetooth feature.

mmhar wrote:

Could be  the 1.5 ( I am assuming you are talking about the anriod OS ). But if that was the case why would my wife's Hero phone work fine? Same OS, just different manufacture. Just a thought....

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Problem fixed!!!!   I have since updated my Moment to Android 2.1 (DD03) and then recently upgraded to DD10 and I have NOT had to re-pair my phone one time since updating.  Also BT streaming now works for me too!  FWIW - This is with Ford Sync System.

WELL WORTH THE UPDATE!  The Android Market is like Christmas all over again - w/2.1 apps we were missing out on - ex: Google Goggles!

Sorry forgot to post this -

http://www.sdx-developers.com/index.php/topic,1436.0.html?PHPSESSID=mo7r2k1g4gvo1r80j22ccndam6

4/19 - Reflashed phone to DD03 update - DD10 was causing random reboots - still no isses with BT

Message was edited by: g1bsonclan

Highlighted
Journeyman

g1bsonclan wrote:

Problem fixed!!!!   I have since updated my Moment to Android 2.1 (DD03) and then recently upgraded to DD10 and I have NOT had to re-pair my phone one time since updating.  Also BT streaming now works for me too!  FWIW - This is with Ford Sync System.

WELL WORTH THE UPDATE!  The Android Market is like Christmas all over again - w/2.1 apps we were missing out on - ex: Google Goggles!

http://www.sdx-developers.com/index.php/topic,1436.0.html?PHPSESSID=mo7r2k1g4gvo1r80j22ccndam6

4/19 - Reflashed phone to DD03 update - DD10 was causing random reboots - still no isses with BT

I'll ditto this -- I'm not sure how Sprint feels about us posting experiences with the leaked version of 2.1 but here goes.

I flashed my Moment with 2.1 (DD03) a couple of weeks ago and it's a BIG improvement.

* no airplane mode

* only one CDMA lockup so far

* Bluetooth issues resolved -- no more manual re-pairing and no more static on the connection.

To be honest, I'd regretted buying the Moment but I can't tell you how much of an improvement that 2.1 (DD03) is over the stock 1.5 (CL14).  I'm really not sure that Sprint should have ever sold the Moment with CL14 -- way too buggy.

But whatever, if you're on 1.5 (CL14) hang in there.  Sprint's release of 2.1 should be very soon and I think you're going to be pleased.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

dhubba69 wrote:

g1bsonclan wrote:

I'll ditto this -- I'm not sure how Sprint feels about us posting experiences with the leaked version of 2.1 but here goes.

I flashed my Moment with 2.1 (DD03) a couple of weeks ago and it's a BIG improvement.

* no airplane mode

* only one CDMA lockup so far

* Bluetooth issues resolved -- no more manual re-pairing and no more static on the connection.

To be honest, I'd regretted buying the Moment but I can't tell you how much of an improvement that 2.1 (DD03) is over the stock 1.5 (CL14).  I'm really not sure that Sprint should have ever sold the Moment with CL14 -- way too buggy.

But whatever, if you're on 1.5 (CL14) hang in there.  Sprint's release of 2.1 should be very soon and I think you're going to be pleased.

Thanks you for the info.

What about GPS with Android 2.1 on this Samsung Moment?  Have you tried to drive using SprintNav?  On my current Samsung Moment, most of the voice announcement in SprintNav is "your device is out of GPS coverage area", then "your device now has GPS" and often requiring me to do a U-turn because it discovers the car is in a side street somewhere.

I tried both the HTS Hero and also the HTC EVO with the phones at same position (on my lap) and had no issues with the Hero (Android 1.5 and the EVO Android 2.1).

I can tell you that the EVO is really really nice (was able to borrow an EVO test phone to play with).

Thanks,

- HB

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat