cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment Glitches & Bugs!

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment Glitches & Bugs!

I have had this phone for 2 months and I have been back to the store with it three times already and I have to go back again today.

It seems to just lock up and then shut off.

I downloaded Task Killer because the first time this happpend the tech at the store told me it was possible it was running too many apps.

It happened again last night. I take out the battery and put back in and it will still not turn back on. Battery was 3/4 charged.

We took the battery out and played with the contacts and it turned back on.

Then it happened again this morning and I still can not get it back on.

I am very dissapointed in this phone.

It is my only phone and I need something more reliable.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@kbmackey - has your phone been replaced at the store?  I would assume your issue might be related to a defective phone, should be adressed under warranty.

Highlighted

I do find it very strange that anytime i enable wireless network under Security & Location it always mess up location that i see on google maps and Weather bug elite.

also if you have wi-fi enable at same time you have wireless network then it will use the wi-fi and not cell phone tower and location will be correct.

Locates that appear are 1.Serangoon, Singapore 2.Tallinn, Estonia 3.Zenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina

Why would that happen?

Message was edited by: VorlessDarkChaos

Highlighted
Journeyman

The moment is flawless... android 1.5 has its issues that are fixed since 1.6 so look forward to 2.1 but that list of issues says fault unit... The moment blows every android anyone i know out as far as speed and lag i have had a few occasional times after mass DLs much like a PC or MAC after several installs.... or if i get too many texts stored on phone(run outta memory to function at top speed) which i love Treasure My Text App for archiving all my texts... so the Moment is not the issue the individual units may be faulty but this is amazing hardware... Love My Moment!!!

Message was edited by: tripsa4u

Highlighted

I am looking foward to android 2.1 update

I love my Samsung moment alot that why i will get body glove for moment.

Elements Snap-On for Samsung® Moment

http://bodyglovedistribution.mwrc.net/en/product.php?product_id=32832&show_menu=yes

Highlighted
Journeyman

Went to the store last night. They said may be the battery, gave me another battery and another charger. I got home and the charger was the wrong one. So now another trip back to the store. This is getting old.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@kbmackey: I have had my Moment for 5 months and am currently having the same issues; freezing, locking and shutting off, not able to turn phone back on...battery gets terribly hot before shutting off; battery on charger over night and after to uses the next day, battery is in the orange zone cell!  While I was at the Sprint store 3 other people came in with same problem...and all they said was "replace battery" (their answer to everything)...remove battery and hard re-set.  My daughter was told by Sprint store (techs) they don't have the software...call sprint text support and they will walk you through the 2.1 update.... this is all ridiculous!!!  And from what I've been reading the 2.1 update is a bust as well!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, great...it's featureful, but buggy as hell.   Just because it has an impressive feature set doesn't mean all of them work properly.  We're glad you're so thrilled with your moment, but I'm afraid you're not in good company.  There are a LOT of very angry, very frustrated users on this forum.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat