cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment - No coverage, said airplane mode was on but wasn't. Cannot take cover off in order to take battery out and reboot. Any suggestions?

Journeyman

Samsung Moment - No coverage, said airplane mode was on but wasn't. Cannot take cover off in order to take battery out and reboot. Any suggestions?

Just got Samsung Moment.  I have no coverage now and it said airplane mode was on when it wasn't.  It does not say airplane mode now but I still do not have coverage.  I want to take accessory cover off but am having a problem.  I thought maybe if I took battery out it may reboot.  Any suggestions?

I love all the features but not the keyboard and the bulkiness.  Should I have gotten a Palm Pixi?  Thanks!

10 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment - No coverage, said airplane mode was on but wasn't. Cannot take cover off in order to take battery out and reboot. Any suggestions?

For all the faults of Palms phones, WebOS is much more polished than Android phones are, and they have gotten at least three software updates to address bugs versus any of the Android offerings on Sprint which may have gotten one over the last 6 months. If you're still within your trial period, take it back and get a Pixi or Pre.

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment - No coverage, said airplane mode was on but wasn't. Cannot take cover off in order to take battery out and reboot. Any suggestions?

I would return it if you are within 30 days.  If you can run far from Sprint, if not just skip any of their Android devices for now.  They don't know what they are doing with them yet.

Journeyman

There are two ways to fix this problem:

1.) Wait for the update.  Me, I got the Moment when it first came out, and we are all still waiting, and waiting and waiting, so maybe this is not the best bet.

2.) Return the phone.  This is probably the thing that will work best.  The first time the proximity sensor fails whilst you are holding the phone up to your face, and you get a blast in your ear from the speaker phone while at the same time the receiver gets muted will make you want to get rid of it anyway.  What you have found is just one of the many, many, many bugs featured on this device. 

Journeyman

The moment is an awsome phone, one of the better ones, no phone is with out issues..

to solve airplane mode... go into phone settings and turn airplane mode on and then off again, just because the signal bar has an 'x',doesnt actually mean its in airplane mode.... this works for me, without having to take out the battery

t

Journeyman

Palm Pixi!?!?!? please !!!!! thats a toy compare to any of the android phones... looks cool,but so did the Razor! lol

Journeyman

Yes, try to do a soft reset on the device by removing the battery. The back slides off, be sure to push it away from the camera end. Also make sure you have CL14 the latest software update.  Keep us posted!

Journeyman

Is this the official response to this question, or is it likely to be removed later when people question it?

Journeyman

Man you guys are really overreacting about the update. 

I don't know why you can't get the cover off to take the battery out... it just slides off.

The update will be here sooner than you think.  Don't let any of these whiners push you away from the Moment, I have had very few troubles with mine. 

Journeyman

I purchased the Samsung Moment about a month ago and started having the same airplane mode issues.  After searching the internet for awhile somebody suggest disabling the Background Data on the Data Synchronization in the Setting Menu.  Once I did this it has stopped occuring, it's been at least seven days and counting. It was occurring at least twice a day. It seems the only time I need to enable it is when I'm going to the android software Market.  I hope this is of some help as maybe my situation may not be the standard.  If someone has already suggested this then my apologies for the repeat.

Journeyman

To get the back cover off...Stick your fingernail in the hole at the bottom and pull down it will slide right off...

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!