cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment SD Card connectivity issue

Journeyman

Samsung Moment SD Card connectivity issue

Just trying to copy files (photos) over to my PC...

When I plug my Moment into my Win7 computer, I get the "Mount" message on the phone, I mount it, and my computer (initially) recognizes the device - drive M: in this case.

I am able to open the folder on the computer containing the phone, I explore to DCIM folder and Camera.  Explorer lists all the photos.  I click on one photo and I actually get to see a preview of that photo on my computer. 

Now, when I click on a different photo, one I need to copy over, I see the progress bar continue to read the card and then the connection/phone/computer hangs up.  I close that window.  Explore back to M: drive, click on it and get the message from the computer that the drive is empty.  On the phone I go to Menu/Settings/SD Card and the option is to Unmount SD card so the phone still has the card mounted.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Samsung Moment SD Card connectivity issue

I have not heard of this particular issue, but there are problems with connecting through a USB port that is not a direct motherboard port.  Try connecting to a USB port on the back of the computer, not a front-panel port and not through a USB hub.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment SD Card connectivity issue

Thanks for the quick reply.  I tried your suggestion, however, to no avail.  I did try your rear port idea, both with USB Debugging turned on and turned off per another post on this forum. 

First I tried the USB Debugging ON, which did not solve my problem.  Then I turned Debugging OFF - wa-lla:  I was able to navigate the folder on the phone, select 16 files and drag them to the folder on the C: drive....appeared all was going to work OK...then, the process hung up copying the second of the 16 files.  The one file that did copy is on the C: drive, is functioning normally.  Why the other 15 did not copy I do not know...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat