cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment Sprint Unaware

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment Sprint Unaware

That is a great idea! I did not even think of that. I will try it after trying to create the folders. I think I now have an idea on how to do it so let's hope it works!!! You have been so helpful and I really appreciate it!

Journeyman

I have a question for you mitsubishi... at what point is qualified enough? (not meant to be a negative question, I'm just curious)

The reason why I ask is that Sprint offers about 10-15 smart phones. Now they have common operating systems such as: Windows Mobile, Android Market, Web OS (Palm), and Blackberry OS. On top of that you have non-smart phone proprietary OS, and you have a completely different technology (Nextel) phones that operate on the iden network. What do the techs need to know to be fully qualified for every single phone Sprint currently have, and the phones that they have had (this is imporant too for the techs to know because they are repair stores and need to know older phone issues as well?

I agree with you that putting .mp3s as a ringer should be a simple process, but it's also not the same for every phone (not even in a remote sense).

Message was edited by: TurtleFire

Journeyman

Honestly, qualified enough to me is when the techs have used EVERY phone in the store - and have been trained to each phones specs. I say this only because the techs in my Sprint Store do this - they use every phone and then they have a choice as to what to make their main phone (the phone they use most often). From there, they are able to troubleshoot and fix almost anything. They are helpful and kind - wanting to make sure that I'm getting the most use out of my phone.

I will say there have been times I've talked to the techs and given them ideas or a heads up on something, and for that, they're grateful.

I don't think it's unreasonable that the techs should know every current phone in the store, as well as phones that have just gone EOL - many customers still need their assistance - even if I don't!

Journeyman

First, no one person knows everything if you think about it, when you are in school for something you don't always get every question correct on a test. My statement was because I have been with sprint for 10 years and when you call cs they will direct you to take your phone into a repair center  when its beyond what their screen tells them to do, b/c even in sprint's own mind the tech should be able to work that phone better than they (the customer service rep) can.  Before phones are put out for the public to buy the phones are ran on a test pilot.  Meaning there are a group of people given the phone (usually sprint's people) to test it out.  They report back what the issues & problems are and the simplicity or complexity of working with that phone.  After all of that you'd think when a customer comes in with a question they would have some idea of what to tell the customer or at the very least where to direct the customer.  You are correct not all phones work the same smartphone or not, but again, before you as a regular customer ever got your hands on it that model was testedn (not saying the particular phone you purchased).  I'm not saying every tech or employee was given a phone to test out, but after all the test then those on the front line (those having customers come to them) should be trained by those who already know.  It should be uniformed training too, so that I don't go to 1 store & get 1 answer & you go to another store & get a totally different answer.  Yes some of the phones are on the Nextel side and when sprint merged with Nextel then they should have had proper training on how to work those phones.  That merger didn't take place overnight it was phased in so therefore; there was enough time if sprint so desired to get that right too.

Journeyman

I also agree with you melissa, it is also about how you make your customer feel be it on the phone or in person.  I have dealt with plenty of people that didn't have the answers I needed but they were eager to help.  They may illustrate this by saying I don't know the answer but you might try this or that. When I was at the repair ctr, that tech said maybe the songs are not correctly formatted.  I happen to think if he would have REALLY thought about it before giving that crappy answer he would have realized the same thing I did, if the song(s) were not formatted then I wouldn't be able to use them for ringers either, which I was already doing, the phone wouldn't have accepted the songs to do anything.  The store was empty so it wasn't like he was rushing to get to the next customer (not that he didn't have phones back there that people may have dropped off & was coming back to get) but once again its how you make your customer feel as well as being educated on the products you sell & repair.  Sprint counts on these folks to say no this phone can't be repaired or yes it can.  This costs the company money (not that I"m worried about sprint hurting for money) when the tech doesn't really know what he's doing and says a phone is junk when it really could've been repaired.  I'm not dogging techs bc they are people too & like I said in an earlier post no 1 person knows everything, but I'd rather you say that to me than to try to give me some idiot answer like you think my head screws on & off. I don't know maybe its just me.

Not to mention sprint claims that they haven't heard about the problems this new Moment is having.  Every Sprint store I went in, I think there was a total of 7 from MD to NC that ALL said "wow you're the very first person that we've heard this from about this phone"  I would have laughed if they were being sarcastic or funny but they were dead serious.  When you call Sprint on the phone each rep you get says "I"m sorry to hear about this problem and some kind of way they manage to work in there that I'M the first call that they got regarding this.  Don't know once again, maybe its just me LOL

Journeyman

For many many years I've noticed that sprint phones were always different then verizon and att.

To get an mp3 as a ringtone, I just use http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint

Easy, fast, free.

Master

I've used the rumkin uploader a few times in the past. For the smartphones at least though you just have to know which folder to put the ringtone in on the SD card to get it to appear in your list. Most smartphones you just have to make a "ringtones" folder if there isn't one already. The non-smartphones however don't usually have an easy way to do it, the folders are usually embedded and hidden so they can't bve accessed on the device through USB mode.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat