cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment - WiFi issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Moment - WiFi issues

At work we have several Enterprise class wireless networks for employee use.  I decided to attach my new Moment to one of them.  I enabled wireless and it stated that it was scanning.  After a minute or so it still had not found any wireless networks.  A coworker a few cubes down has a Hero so I asked him to enable his WiFi.  The HTC Hero could see all of our wireless networks, the Moment could not see any of them!  I immediately called Best Buy and they said bring it in and they will check it out.  At Best Buy we could see some wireless networks in the store so the employee started dismissing my issue.  I then asked if he had a Hero that we could compare against.  The employee enabled WiFi on a Hero and it could see more wireless networks than the Moment.  It just so happened that a friendly customer was purchasing a Moment and just had it activated.  I asked him if he could enable WiFi so that we could compare the wireless networks found.  Sure enough, his Moment was unable to scan all of the available networks.  Bottom line is that there is a hardware or software design issue with WiFi on the Samsung Moment.

I've also noticed audio distortion on the Moment too.  This happens almost every time audio is played back, about 500 to 600 milliseconds after the start of the audio you will hear the audio break up.  You can also hear it when selecting ring tones, especially if you play them back to back.  You can definitely hear the transition between the clips.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Samsung Moment - WiFi issues

WPA2-Enterprise authentication isn't supported on the Moment yet.  Software / driver  thing.  It's already been reported. 

Works great with WPA2-Personal and WAP secured access points.

The phone won't display WiFi access points that it doesn't have the ability to connect to.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

My moment connected fine to my work wifi when I set it up. After that, connecting has been hit or miss. Lately more of the latter. Our network (even though I'm across the hall from the router) displays as "Not in range, remembered".

I can only connect by re-adding the network. Say the network is named "bob" - I go to add a new connection, give the name "bob", choose WEP security, password field shows "unchanged". Then the phone connects.

Other computers/phones/anything connect fine. At home I connect to my wifi fine.

When is 2.1 coming? 😕

Message was edited by: hotani

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having nothing but problems trying to connect my Moment to the wifi, it used to connect sometimes (not always), now for the past month never (7/01/2010). All kinds of useless apps constantly running using up my battery. I don't think"Advanced Task Killer" should have to be used to correct this problem. Also I find I cannot delete multiple emails, I have to do one at a time. The other problem I have is I have a private number, so I enter *82 to the applicable persons so my number is no longer blocked. But now I cannot text because of the *82 before the prefix. Also please note I am running the latest software ECLAIR.DE03, 2.1 Update 1.

Message was edited by: Mclzyd007

Message was edited by: Mclzyd007

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat