Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment and Roaming

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Moment and Roaming

Me and my wife both have samsung moments. Every so often our phones will hit an area where they will start roaming. For example: when I was at work the other day, the area that I work in usually has a really good connection in and out of the building. For some reason part way through the day, I was in my office and my phone went in to roaming mode. Once that happens I just don't use it because I don't know what type of charges if any may suddenly pop up on my bill. We have the Everything Data Family - with Any Mobile, Anytime $129 plan. When our phones go into roaming mode can we use it without getting whacked with charges, we just don't now what to do. Then today, we had great service, suddenly a town we passed through caused our phones to go into roaming mode for about 10 minutes, as soon as we passd through, roaming was gone. I'm just not sure how the roaming works. I wouldn't be real happy about not being able to use my phone because I am going to get hammered by roaming call rates.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

From the Everything Data Family Plan description:

Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long  distance and no roaming charges.

From the Terms and Conditions:

Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a  majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month  are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and  Mexico, is not included in plans with no roaming charges.

Summary:  Roaming is OK and no additional charge, as long as you don't do more than half of your monthly calling minutes or data access while roaming.  Also, the description for Any Mobile, Anytime says "Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S.  mobile phone regardless of carrier", so  those calls while roaming would be charged against the 1500 minutes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

From the Everything Data Family Plan description:

Talk: Night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long  distance and no roaming charges.

From the Terms and Conditions:

Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a  majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month  are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and  Mexico, is not included in plans with no roaming charges.

Summary:  Roaming is OK and no additional charge, as long as you don't do more than half of your monthly calling minutes or data access while roaming.  Also, the description for Any Mobile, Anytime says "Unlimited domestic calls from the Sprint network to and from ANY U.S.  mobile phone regardless of carrier", so  those calls while roaming would be charged against the 1500 minutes.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem but mine is with texting. Since it's unlimited, how many texts, if any, could be sent while roaming without getting charged?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat