cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment battery draining in less than 8 hours with barely any use

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Moment battery draining in less than 8 hours with barely any use

Over the past few days my Samsung Moment has been having a big problem with battery life. The phone is barely being used except to check email every couple hours, but it is getting warm like it is being used and the battery is draining completely in about 6-8 hours. I use ATK to kill any apps that are running and have checked all the settings to try and help preserve battery life, but nothing is working. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so what was done to fix it? Or any suggestions to fix this problem? (I'm getting a new battery for it in a couple days to see if that helps. I Don't have any time to take it in to the Sprint store in the next few weeks.)

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment battery draining in less than 8 hours with barely any use

My phone has been having the same issue.  Hot and battery draining fast and I am not even using mine at all during the day.  It just sits on my desk.  Mine isn't lasting more than 4 hours.  My wife's started doing the same thing today as well.  I talked to Sprint and they asked me to go to a Sprint repair store and have them look into it (run a diagnostic).  The lady I spoke to said she thinks they are defective and said I would probably get replacement phones.

Message was edited by: biztechtchr

Journeyman

My wife's phone did this, it would only last 5 hours doing nothing at all. She got an Intercept out of it, she was within the 30 days. She is happy with it, I personally wouldn't take one as just holding it and using it, I just feel and looks like a downgrade... Or maybe it isn't such a downgrade because it actually... you know, works unlike this Moment thing.

Journeyman

I have a Moment & have had it since 02/2010.  1st off you should make sure you have the 2.1 version of Android installed, this has several battery issue fixes included.2nd off, I HIGHLY reccomend going to Widgets & selecting (Power Control) to one of your screens, this widget shows Wifi/Bluetooth/GPS/& Brightness - all of witch can drain a battery FAST- make sure your GPS & Bluetooth are off & also very importantly only use high brightness when needed and turn down or even off when in a darker light.  These things alone should give you a good battery life.  My Moment will hold a charge from morning to night, no problem.  The more you access the intenet or internet apps like Facebook & Myspace, the quicker you drain the battery.

*tip: after being online or using an online app, be sure to kill the app or process using a task manager or task killer.

Message was edited by: tbirdkw

Message was edited by: wengla02 Removed trademark infringing image.  (sorry - it was funny!)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat