cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment charging issues?

Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment charging issues?

+1. Wish I'd seen this thread before I wasted my time going to the Sprint store here in Austin. They "checked" the phone and said everything was working perfectly. I walked out of the store and by the time I got to the car the battery was depleted.

Journeyman

Those technicians are useless. They stopped making the phone. I finally was routed to the replacement depart after FOUR phones and they offer two replacements the intercept (lesser phone) and the htc hero (i've heard it has the same issues). i got the intercept and i haven't had any issues, but i heard the Transform is the really replacement for this stupid moment but that wasn't on the table.

Journeyman

I'm on my 3rd or 4th replacement (ive lost count at this point) and all have had usb port issues. the latest replacement (picked up tues) says its fully charged when turned off but when turned on it reads only 80% and dies in 3 hours.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You (someguy674) are absolutely right. If you pay close attention to the micro usb input on the wall charger by Samsung you can see it has indent grooves at the top which are mad to configure the phone correctly. If you continue to use the car charger made by Sprint or any other micro usb chord (for your computer or generic brand) it will strip the charging outlet on your phone and cause it not to charge properly over time.

I am on my third Samsung Moment and it took me this many times to figure it out. The Sprint Techs for some reason can't put two and two together. I noticed and started to pay attention to this detail when I used my car charger on a regular and could feel that the micro usb chord for the car charger didn't fit in as smoothly as the wall charger from Samsung did.

I plan to go to the store this Friday and try to explain it to them in person instead of them just taking it to the techs and giving me a new battery or phone cause this problem needs to be resolved.

I attached two pictures so you can see the difference the first one is the Samsung adapter and the second one is the Sprint adapter.

Journeyman

UGH!!!  Just thought I would add my two cents as well!  On my second moment in less than a month and it is starting to do the same thing as far as not charging when connected to the charger via the USB port.  When they replaced the first one, I requested a different phone for a number of reasons of being unsatisfied, but they said they had to give me another Moment.  It's super annoying to pay your bill on time and take good care of a phone, but yet finding myself without adequate battery power to use the damn thing have the time.  UGH!

Journeyman

I'm so glad to know I'm not crazy!  I have been in the store multiple times over this issue.  I hate having to charge my phone 4+ times a day when it's not in use!  I'm going to Sprint tomorrow when they open.  I'm fed up over this issue.  Love the phone, hate the charging issues.

Journeyman

Well it appears this has been going on for quite some time, so I thought I would chime in. I love my Moment...when it works. I like the way it operates and I like having the full keyboard. I didnt want the Evo because it didnt have the keyboard, and now they have the Shift. However, I am not gonna spend that money right now. So I am locked into my Moment. I have had the phone since April of 2010 and the issue just started about 3 weeks ago. The most frustating this is why its plugged in, it goes in and out of charging all on its own. My phone is set up to make a noise to let me know its charging and when its not. At 1 in the morning, it starts making that noise over and over and over until I just finally shut it off. I just bought a new one and hopefully it will work until its time for my upgrade. Ugh...

Journeyman

Mine has now gotten to the point that it does not charge at all.  It says "Battery fully charged" but when I disconnect the charger and try to turn it on, the battery dies before it gets rebooted.  It won't even stay on while plugged into the charger.  Because I didn't buy the service plan, I get ZERO help from the store.  I have to pay for my replacement P-O-S phone.  Delightful.

Journeyman

stay away from the samsung moment it's a piece for junk!!!

Journeyman

Same problem here!  1st phone lasted 9 months before this issue became to annoying.  Replacement phone lasted 3 weeks..  Same problems as everyone else.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.