cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment does not play nice with Samsung Airave

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Moment does not play nice with Samsung Airave

I saw a couple other comments about this, but I feel it deserves its own thread.

I am late to this discussion (just got a Moment this week) and can confirm issues with the Airave. Today I was sitting at my desk, 3 feet from the Airave and my Moment started to roam on Verizon!  I lose signal all the time and the only way to reaquire it is to power cycle the phone.

I also noticed I missed a couple calls today, and these are probably the first calls I have ever missed since I got the Airave in August 2008.

I would turn off the Airave and save the $5/mo but then my girlfriend would likely not be very happy with me.  It's not enough to make me return the phone, as I really don't spend all that much time at home, but it is still a nuisance.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Samsung Moment does not play nice with Samsung Airave

That is very strange because my samsung moment works with my sprint airave with no problem.

Journeyman

I have a problem with the Moment and the airave as well.  Whenever I wake the phone, it shows no bars of service for a few seconds before it jumps to full bars.  I swapped my original Moment because of this, and the second one does the exact same thing.  It's sporadic, but I occasionally get the voicemail from a missed call while the phone was right there in front of me.  The airave works fine with my other sprint phones.

Journeyman

Just to update...last night while at home my phone would go directly to voicemail when "connected" to the Airave. Outbound calling worked just fine. I had to reboot my phone in order to receive incoming calls again.

I am working from home this morning and the office just tried to call me and apparently my phone went right to voicemail once again, as I got an email from work asking me to call in. Turning off the Airave isn't really a viable option, as then my girlfriend, who works from home, would have all kinds of dropped and missed calls.

Does anyone from Sprint have any insight? I am probably going to call Airave support as soon as I have a chance, but in past experiences with them, they are not very helpful.

Journeyman

Unfortunately I don't have any help for you, but I'm very interested in the answer to this question.  I got spotty service at my house and was very close to buying an airave.  I've had the moment for a couple months now and love it.  I first tried to use the sipdroid app so that I could do voip calls when at home, but no one has been able to successfully use the moment with the sipdroid app, something screwy with the earpiece.  Well I'm off subject, but there are some definitely weird things that go along with this phone.  I've just been biding my time till the 2.1 because I was really hoping that would clear up a lot of problems.   

Journeyman

I have had the Airave ever since it came out. A Moment and Hero use it, and so far we've never had a problem with it. I think it was the best investment we've bought, and Sprint even gives us the 5.00 a month credit on the bill, because the lack of service in our area. I'd definatly recomend it, and if it doesn't work like you would like, you always have the 30 days to return it.

Journeyman

mpawheels wrote:

I have had the Airave ever since it came out. A Moment and Hero use it, and so far we've never had a problem with it. I think it was the best investment we've bought, and Sprint even gives us the 5.00 a month credit on the bill, because the lack of service in our area. I'd definatly recomend it, and if it doesn't work like you would like, you always have the 30 days to return it.

Well, I have had mine since it first came out too...paid $100 for it and I don't get a monthly credit and it definitely doesn't work well with my Moment, though it has worked fine with every other Sprint phone I have. So I can't return the Airave. If Sprint was giving me a monthly credit, I wouldn't care as much either, but since I am paying for it, I want it to work properly.

Journeyman

I wish I got the credit for the Airave. I live in an area that the coverage map says is good, but it definately is not! I emailed sprint and got a reply that said the Airave would be out in a few weeks and sorry the map wasn't perfect. My biggest complaint about the airave (up to now) was that I resented paying the extra every month to be able to have a service I already paid for. I bought the airave the day it was release in my area and it has worked great until now. I often forward my home phone to my mobile. I hear my home phone ring two times before the call goes to my mobile. Most of the time if I'm home, it does not go through. I aslo frequently have voicemail where there was no call that rings through and there are no missed calls showing.

That resentment I have for paying extra...... getting a lot bigger!

Journeyman

Turn off your bluetooth on the Moment and see if you can receive incoming calls.  After days of trying to find a resolve and several hours on with Sprint Tech Support and hard resetting the phone, I found this on my own while I was reinstalling each program and device that I had originally installed.  I have a Jawbone.  I don't think it's the Jawbone per say, but just turning the Bluetooth ON that disables the incoming calls.  There may be a defect in the particular Moment phone that I have because this still seems to be a intermittant problem.  I just tested it again with the Bluetooth ON and the call did go through.  Now, I'll try to pair the headset and see if that is what is doing it.  That still works.  So,I went through several scenerios.... turned the Bluetooth ON and then also connected to wireless access point with the Moment.  Called and the phone worked.  I then made a call using the Nuance Voice Control that comes with the Moment.... the next time I called in a received a BUSY signal and the next time it went to voice mail.  Ok, now I'm no longer sure of anything.  I have one day left on my 30 day return.  Do I trade it in for a new Moment and hope this one is just defective? There are no EVO phone in my area, yet.  Any thoughts?  I've been told that the Blackberry costs more to push exchange mail to... is that correct?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat