cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls

Journeyman

Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls

Has anyone else had trouble with their Samsung Moment not acknowledging incoming calls? We've had our phones for a couple of weeks now, and I've had several people tell me that they've tried calling me several times and get a message that my phone number is unavailable but it doesn't go to voicemail and never shows up on my call log. My husband hasn't had this problem with his phone, of course he doesn't get as many calls as I do. It doesn't happen all the time, some calls do come through. But I have no way of knowing how many calls aren't coming through.

20 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls

I noticed that no one else is responding and may not be having this problem.  I am getting the same thing with my Moment as well.  My husband works out of town sometimes and he and other callers have said that my phone is going directly to voicemail or stating that I'm not available and sometimes there are busy signals.  The callers will send me text and it comes thru just fine.  I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem too or if they had it and know how to fix it?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!.

Journeyman

hello, my moment has similar problems and more. i have had many many dropped calls and have had many go to voicemail and while i have full signal at home with an air rave and at work when i have full network signal. it just goes to voicemail . i have issed alot of work calls and have had to use my magic jack phone  as  the primary from owrk to reach me since its much more reliable than the smasung moment.

Journeyman

I am having the same problem.. I too had a palm and that phone was great.  I am hoping Sprint has a fix or will at least offer us the option to switch without penalty

Journeyman

I am having the same issue.  I have been on with tech support several times since I bought the phone last Tuesday and no one can seem to get it to work.

Journeyman

Edit your contacts to make sure none of your contacts are flagged to automatically forward to voicemail.

It's easy to accidentally turn this flag on when entering contacts.

Journeyman

i also am having the same problem. my phone will be fine when i power it on and then out of no where i notice im not receiving calls, texts, and i cant get on the internet. my phone will automatically turn itself into airplane mode?! I need my phone and if it isnt working its not doing me any good! it has done this since i got it 1 1/2 months ago and they are getting me a new phone saying it is just my phone is bad or something? I hope they have a better fix for it when it keeps doing it over and over again because i didnt pay for a phone that doesnt do what they advertise it to be!

Journeyman

Grab the 2.1 update that came out today. That should fix the airplane mode problem

Journeyman

Does Sprint technical support actually know how to fix this issue?

Actually the tech support said they fwd this issue to more technical ppl or 'something'.   They said the ticket is closed but no explanation whatsoever.

This seems not a device issue if many ppl with different phone having this issue.

Really frustated with this problem.  Like having a phone but not having a phone since I cannot receive call/sms.

Like dropping bag full of money from the airplane....  Hm.. maybe I should get my chute and jump to another carrier

Journeyman

I have been having this problem pretty consistently for almost 6 months now.  The majority of my incoming calls go directly to voicemail, doesn't matter where I am, what I am doing/not doing, or who the caller is.  I also have the problem of not always connecting to hands-free bluetooth.  I finally contacted Sprint support a couple of months ago about the problem, after talking to 4 people, resetting my phone 5 times, they still INSISTED that the problem is NOT with the phone.  I have 3 lines of service with them, (my service has been for 10+ years now) the problem has ONLY been with the Moment. After working with support and arguing with them for over 4 hours, they finally agreed to send me a replacement phone (a refurbished one).  So I am on my second phone now, still the same problem!  I have not received a straight call on about a week now, all go straight to voicemail.  But they insist the problem is not with the phone, that possibly one of the local towers is not functioning at 100%... whatever!

Also, the phone has been updated, it is NOT going into Airplane mode unexplainably, and none of my contacts are flagged to go directly to voicemail.  I still instantly receive (most of the time) all messages and voicemails (right after the unreceived call).  Since resetting my phone numerous times, I have given up on downloading any apps, so that can't be the issue either.  I paid full price for this phone to begin with and I love the features, but I horribly regret buying it!

Message was edited by: briggsann3803

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.