Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment not receiving incoming calls

I have been having the same problem out of my moment. Sprint has constantly given me excuse after excuse but nothing works. (any suggestions)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an LG Lotus and have the same problem - I can make calls/send texts - but I do not receive either incoming calls or texts... I've spent almost 2 hours on the phone with Sprint personnel - and they've been working on the problem since 2 days ago. How frustrating!

In addition, this is the second phone I've had in about 3 months - because the first Lotus didn't work properly either (the time/date stamp was out of whack so I was often transported to the future year of 2024 or 2030...it wasn't as interesting as it sounds). So Sprint sent me this refurbished piece o' no-good phone...

People who have also had this problem before - what was your final resolution? Any other outside discussion boards to post this problem on - and/or compare notes with others?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I talked to someone at a Sprint store today (in person this time) and let him deal with support on the issue.....

First, the guy said it is likely because my MSID is the same as my phone number, and this is a common error with smartphones.  When changing that didn't work, they decided to reset the phone.  Again.  That didn't work.  Again.  Then it was decided that there was some  issue with my voicemail settings that is causing the problem, so they reset that.  It didn't work.  So now, back to the tower problem...

I don't know if anyone else has been told this, but they are convinced that the problem is with a service tower.  At least this time I got an explanation as to how this could be the problem.  So, they issued a "service ticket" for the repair people to go check out whichever tower they are accusing of not playing nicely and are supposed to notify me of the results within 72 hours.  Sprint was supposed to have issued this same thing when I called 2 months ago, but......  hmmmm.  I guess I will see how that goes this time.

There is a new Android update (v2.1) recently released, that should fix my Bluetooth issues, but the rest, I guess I will find out in a few days...

Update

Since the last preceding....

The Network Support called and insisted I get the very newest Android update before she would help me any further.  So back to the store I went as my phone will also not install drivers on my computer so it will be recognized when connected.  A few days later, another Network Support person called me again.  He was very nice and discussed the problem I am having.  He said he didn't believe it COULD be a network issue and was likely a make/model issue, but to be more certain sent a 3rd phone to try out.  Got another phone the next day, had to take it in for the update as well, and having been working with it for almost a week now.  It is hard to say whether or not it is performing any better since I have not had time to put the phone to the test.  I can say that I have now received more than one call from people that have never rung through before.  The only calls I have missed so far have been while I was playing with the camera and phone settings, so I take that as a plus.

If I do have problems again, he has assured me that I will be sent a different make/model phone.  Unfortunately for me, that would mean going to the Hero which does not have the slide-out.  I insist on keeping the Android with Google, so.........

Highlighted
Journeyman

The problem, at least in my case, is if you are in an application the phone doesn't receive calls. I borrowed a cell phone and called myself to come to this conclusion. I thought at first it was 3rd party apps, but the phone wont receive calls when I'm in the photo gallery or even text messaging! I found this thread looking for a fix for this so I thought I would post and let you guys know what I discovered. It looks to me that this is a bug in Android, not a Sprint problem. I am going to head over to the Android community forums and see what I can find and if I do find an answer I will post here again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I do not have a moment, but i did have a rant, and now have an lg rumor.  They are both within the last few months having severe dropped calls, and when people call me they get weird messages, like call can not be completed at dialed, or enter a passcode, etc.

I have called sprint several times, and they sent me a replacement, and the same is happening.  They do not know whats goin on and said that there is nothing they can do anyfurhter, since they see nothing wrong, there are no new towers or repairs in my area.

They must think i am makin this up,  i dont pay $120 a month to not recieve service i pay for.

all of my lines are affected, and they "cant do anything"

I think i am going to verizon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

UPDATE... went through 3 Moments (each time they insisted the problem was NOT with the phone make/model) before they finally sent me a new HTC Hero.  Not a single problem with the HTC! The Moment is just basically useless as a PHONE.  Since then, I have tried the Samsung Intercept (returned within the 30 days) and it was even worse than the Moment.  After deciding to swear off Samsung altogether, I hesitantly tried out the new Transform..... ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!  My husband and I both now have the Transform, not a single issue with it.  It can be glitchy now and then if it hasn't been turned off in a few days, but that can be expected with any pocket computer, but nothing that a restart doesn't fix.  My daughter continues to use the Moment (she's a text-aholic) and it continues to not receive most calls....  Glad it's not a problem with phone 😕

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree the Moment is useless....They want me to file another insurance claim to get my third one. That is not happening and is ridiculous. I wish I would have never gotten this phone. I've never had any issues with my samsung phones or any other phones I have had with Sprint until this one. SMH...

Highlighted
Journeyman

THE SAMSUNG MOMENT IS USELESS. SO FAR, I AM ON MY SECOND MOMENT (THEY WANT ME TO FILE ANOTHER CLAIM TO GET A THIRD ONE...NOT HAPPENING) AND THE ISSUES I WAS HAVING WITH THE FIRST PHONE ARE EVEN WORSE ON THIS PHONE. IT TAKES AT LEAST 20 MINUTES FOR MY PHONE TO COME BACK ON ONCE I HAVE TURNED IT OFF (ONE TIME IT TOOK UP TO AN HOUR TO COME BACK ON), A LOT OF FORCE CLOSE ISSUES WITH ANY APP THAT IS DOWNLOADED ON THE PHONE. AT ONE POINT, I COULD NOT ANSWER ANY INCOMING CALLS ON THE PHONE. ITS RIDICULOUS, I WISH I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN THIS PHONE AND CONSIDERING PORTING MY NUMBERS TO VERIZON. I WORK FOR THEM, SO I CAN GET A DISCOUNT. I HAVE BEEN A SPRINT CUSTOMER FOR 12 YEARS AND HAVE SINCE WORKED AT AT&T AS WELL AND COULD HAVE EASILY TRANSFERRED MY SERVICE TO EITHER CARRIER, BUT BEING A LOYAL CUSTOMER HAS GOTTEN ME NO WHERE. SMH..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Absolutly the worst phone I have ever owned. The best improvement Samsung could make would be easier access to the battery. That way it would be easer to yank the 30 or so times a day. The 2.0 os only turned a lousy phone into a paperweight.

Message was edited by: JPSELDEN

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat