Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment "Gibberish text messages"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Moment "Gibberish text messages"

Ok so today i was texting my friend and then i receive a text message that i never seen before. It was in many symbols that is not even on the Samsung Moment phone. I keep getting these texts often now so please help me Sprint.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment "Gibberish text messages"

Wow, I thought it was just me. I've tried resetting my phone and using the default messaging software but still receving symbols. Is it the sprint network or our phones?

Journeyman

Well I'm glad it wasn't just me then. I got them today too. I can't wait to get rid of this piece of crap of a phone tomorrow. I complained soo much to Sprint that i'm trading it up for a Intercept. I figured that would be better than this phone... Well if anyone knows how to get this fixed please tell me too

Highlighted
Master

It's a known issue, Nation wide, Being worked on should be back up soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, Mines is doing the exact same thing, It's sure did start around Noon on the 1st of December, I also have a Samsung Moment. I have no idea what this is, but it's nothing worth getting a new phone over I don't think. But my text messages are very important so this needs to be fixed and fixed soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's a nationwide issue but Sprint seems to not even know what is going on?? I don't think anyone is working on fixing it at all.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello,

I apologize that you are havng this issue with your texting.  Currently there is a open ticket #6636083. If you are still having issues with this please call Technical Support at 888-211-4737 and refer to that ticket number.

Highlighted
Patron

My wife's Moment started this as well, but it no longer is affecting her. We have taken our business to Verizon.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat