Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment "Lost Data Connection" issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Moment "Lost Data Connection" issue

Hello,

I am on my second day of owning a Samsung Moment and I think it's a great phone, but I didn't realize it has this consistent "No Data Connection" issue where the phone shows that it DOES have full bars reception, but seems to lose data.... regularly.

Today I have done some research online about this and there are SO many instances of this problem, dating back into last year.... but it still has not been addressed.

So I have two questions, one to Sprint and one to other unhappy Samsung Moment users

SPRINT:

When are you going to address this well documented problem? From where I'm standing it looks like you are just ignoring it.

OTHER SAMSUNG MOMENT USERS"

Does anyone know of a way of fixing this issue? Other than turning the phone off and on again...

16 REPLIES 16
Master

Re: Samsung Moment "Lost Data Connection" issue

There have been several causes for this issue found, and some of them have been fixed with the Android 2.1 update. There are however a couple more instances where it can happen, Sprint and Samsung are working on finding the root cause of those instances remaining to get them corrected. If you haven't already, make sure that you are running the Android 2.1 update on your Moment.

Journeyman

i have had my moment for about two months. the problem is very intermittent. i got up this morning to check for missed events and i had full bars of signal and no data. i had to restart to get data connection and three bars. i upgraded to 2.1 about a week ago hoping that these issues would be resolved in the  update. obviously they are not.

Journeyman

I have the same issue. The phone loses it's data connection after a few kilobytes have been transferred. Sprint Tech Support (phone) says there are no outstanding connectivity issues with the moment. There seems to be conflicting information on this topic, has anyone had their issues resolved? Is Sprint aware of this issue and actively working on a fix?

Journeyman

The issues has not been resolved in the 2.1 upgrade.

Apparently Sprint and Samsung are working on resolving the issue, but the general feeling that everyone with a Samsung Moment is getting is that this is a very well documented problem with the Moment, yet it has not been addressed.

...it feels a lot more like Sprint is actively ignoring the problem and is just hoping that we will all get tired and put up with it until our next upgrade...

please, oh please prove me wrong Sprint

Journeyman

I don't know if I'm happy that others are having this problem, or sad... because my husband paid full price for this phone for me for mother's day, and it is terrible. I've already had a phone replacement which was a total fiasco.  I live 60 miles to the nearest service store, I am about ready to chuck this phone out the window!  2.1 update did not help me either.  Hopefully Sprint will do something about this soon!

Journeyman

I am having this problem a lot and a quick search on google will show that it has been going on for more than 6 months.  SPRINT YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!!!!

Journeyman

Having the same issues with data connection being lost and then it sometimes automatically does into airplane mode.  Very annoying as I use my Moment for web surfing a lot and the lock up happens at least 3 to 4 times a day.  Arrggghhh!

Journeyman

...is anyone at Sprint listening?

Can we PLEASE have an update on what your progress is?

When will you be providing all Samsung Moment users a free downloadable update to the OS?

Journeyman

I too am having similar issues, the data connection is very very sporadic, I'm on 2.1, and I feel like this should have been fixed then.

Journeyman

Just today I've started regularly losing the data connection and having to reboot after only web browsing a short time, I've noticed it usually happens when trying to load a 'standard' web page, instead of a mobile site, for me anyway.  It had happened intermittently in the past and seems but is just sort of out of control last couple days.  And don't get me started on my WIFI connection since the 2.1 update, for some reason enabling WIFI is a death sentence one way or another.

I really want to love my Moment and have had it for a few months now, and am running w/ the 2.1 update.  I'd really hate to see Sprint leave this phone behind while it concentrates on it's 4G future.  Please continue to update Android and address these bugs!

Journeyman

Add me to the list! I have been having the same issue, seemed to start for me when my phone updated to 2.1.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat