cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment swap with Epic4G

Journeyman

Samsung Moment swap with Epic4G

With all the issues on the Moment Do you think sprint will alow swaps for the Epic early for existing customers?

Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment swap with Epic4G

Sure and expect to have to pay for the moment and full price for the epic

Journeyman

gina_robbie wrote:

With all the issues on the Moment Do you think sprint will alow swaps for the Epic early for existing customers?

Not a chance. Sprint still won't even admit there is a serious issue with the Moment.

Journeyman

What kind of issues are there with the Moment?

Journeyman

Data lock-up issues, especially when getting out of Wi-Fi mode. Sprint Tech support & Priority Response would not admit to the problem.  They want me to take it into a Sprint Repair Center, but will not  guarantee it will be fixed. Also, there is no replacement except for  another Moment.

sdx-developers.com are trying to fix the problem using code from the Samsung Intercept & Acclaim.

Message was edited by: rs2097746

Journeyman

Another reason why I doubt it, is that other smartphones had issues as well. Seems like it's expected that there will be some problems out there with some of these complex smartphones. Sdx developers have come up with somewhat of a fix and is supposed to work. I believe it is somewhere along the lines of resetting the radio when you turn off or move away from Wifi. The other problem I am having with mine is the aGPS, it rarely is correct. I have tried resetting it, using Wifi to calibrate it, but down the road I will turn it on, and it either takes forever to find me, or is fairly inaccurate. My Razr was much better than this phone at getting GPS. Other than these two every day use problems, the phone has been good to me.

Journeyman

Check out htis for the GPS settings ...

http://forum.sdx-developers.com/tester-board/gps-improvment-***use-at-your-own-risk***/

Journeyman

Definitely not.

The only kind of swap you could do would be a 30 day exchange, and Sprint doesn't have a release date for the Epic yet.

At this point, the only thing you can do is make an insurance claim.  I've seen the insurance company send customers different phone models, but that's typically after they have done a few insurance claims, and keep having the same issues.

Journeyman

Epic 4G will be released on August 20 .....

http://www.sdx-developers.com/sdx/confirmed-epic-4g-releases-august-20th

Journeyman

forget it  sprint doing the right thing  not going to happen The moment is DEAD never have an OS upgrade but sprint is still selling them in the stores with no mention of the fact that some is buying a POS phone at the end of the life cycle Maybe it time to look at verision and the new driod.

I an considering filing a formal compliant with my states  AG  would encourages others of similar mind set to do same

The only response I could get was a politley worded "go pound sand

Journeyman

rparker996, you should do it. I already filed a complaint on the BBB. I'm going to call the Customer Service for Consumerist Readers number (703-433-4401) and haggle some more.

Journeyman

Good Luck

I spent 8+ hours dealing with these guys All i got was a long run and around. They did finally offer to "do the right thing" buy back my 4 month old moment for 70 bucks and let me buy a evo ////

these are folks I called and emailed not one of them responded personally...

call them and raise some stink  they don't get it

Header 1Header 2

http://http://consumerist.com/2007/02/sprint-ceos-phone-number-and-25-other-sprint-execs.html

this is link with listing of sprint's executive leadership

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat